Whenever the customers visit a product page on site, they are suggested with a number of relevant products (related products, up-sell products). However, Magento 2 default does not support adding related products with options to cart. Customers are redirected to other pages to manually add these related products to cart. This process is therefore time-consuming, unprofessional and inconvenient for customers.
Fortunately, the Frequently Bought Together Extensions For Magento 2 have been developed to cope with those limitations. With this extension, buyers can see a list of commonly bought together product, easily add these product to cart and check the total price of their selected items right on the original product page. This helps increasing conversion rate and generating more benefits from your store.
In this blog, we will discuss three of the most popular Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together extensions on market. The Magento 2 developers are Cmsmart, BSSCommerce, and Mageplaza.
Firstly, let’s see which features the three companies have in common:
- Display frequently bought together block on the product page of each product.
- Allow customers to add all frequently bought together products to cart by one click on “Add all to Cart” button.
- Display product’s thumbnail image, name, and price in the frequently bought together block.
- Allow customers to choose product’s attributes (size, color, weight,…) easily.
- Automatically update the subtotal price of frequently bought together product if changes are made by customer.
- Allow admin to customize frequently bought together block: Enable/Disable block, customize title of the block
Key differences between three most well-known Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together extensions:
1. Frequently Bought Together Extension For Magento 2 by cmsmart from $59.29 to $63.44
Apart from those mentioned functions of a typical Frequently Bought Together extension for Magento 2, Cmsmart makes their module to be unique from others by adding other features:
- Support most product types: The extension by Cmsmart works well with simple, configurable, downloadable products and virtual products.
- Display the discount amount: Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together extension by Cmsmart allows admin to set the discount rules in the backend. The discounted amount is then displayed under the total price of customers’ carts. There are 2 types of discount: a fix amount and a specific percent to calculate the discounted number applied to the promotion group.
- Allow to add unlimited promotion groups to product detail pages.
- Add / edit / disable promotion group: Admin can easily manage promotion groups in a separated tab.
- Support a large number of custom themes: Compatible with all popular custom themes and it makes your website more professional and attractive.
With the Frequently Bought Together Extension For Magento 2 by cmsmart, customers can add all products in the promotion group to their cart quickly. However, if the customers just want to select some of the products (not all of them), they needs to do a lot of works. First, they have to add all of the goods to cart, then go to edit mode to delete the unwanted ones. This process is time-consuming and even annoying for customers.
In terms of price, Cmsmart charges their customers $59.29 for an auto renewal version and $63.44 for the standard version with one domain license. Additional fee is required to get the more licenses.
2. Frequently Bought Together Extension for Magento 2 by BSSCommerce from $50 to $179
Beside the basic functions described in the first section of this article, Frequently Bought Together Extension for Magento 2 by BSSCommerce also have unique features.
- Display frequently bought together products in convenient slider. Admin can limit the number of items showed in the frequently bought together, set auto play for the slider and display Add to Cart button and brief reviews for each product in list.
- Easily customize the display style of frequently bought together list: Admin have two options:
Style 1: The checkbox and quantity box is integrated for customers to easily add product to cart. The chosen product will be previewed in the list.
Style 2: The list displays all frequently bought together products. Only chosen products are displayed in the slider. Customers can easily choose multiple products and add them to cart at once.
Unlike Cmsmart’s module, in which customers have no choice but add all of the items in the promotion blocks to cart, the extension by BSSCommerce allows customers to choose which product and the quantity of each product to add to their carts. Buyers can also add all products in the block to cart by only one click on the Select all products checkbox.
In addition, customers shopping on stores that use Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together extension by BSSCommerce can not only add the frequently bought products to cart but also add them to their wishlists. It is extremely convenient in case they do not have enough money, or they want to share the product list to their friends.
Like cmsmart, the module by BSSCommerce is compatible with simple, configurable, and downloadable products. However, instead of supporting virtual products, it works well with bundle products.
Regarding the extension price, BSSCommerce sells the community version of module for $79. An additional of $100 is needed if you want to equip your Magento 2 store with the enterprise version.
3. Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together Extension by Mageplaza from $149 to $349
Mageplaza also has the following features in their module:
- Enable admin to restrict the number of native related products.
- Allow customers to add frequently bought together products to Wishlist for later use.
Mageplaza differentiates themselves by adding more functions to their extension:
- Responsive design: Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together Extension developed by Mageplaza has a user-friendly interface. It is designed to easily adapt to different types of devices such as desktops, tablets or mobiles. This feature is very useful for customers who often use small-size gadgets to do shopping.
- Supports multiple stores and different languages.
The price for this Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together Extension by Mageplaza ranges from $149 to $349. With $149 you can get the community version excluding installation service. An addition of $150 is needed to get the enterprise version and $50 more to employ the installation service.
In summary, there are a lot of benefits for both users and shop owners when using Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together extensions. The modules not only enrich your store’s content but also attract customers to stay longer on page. Besides, it also reduces bounce rate while increases conversion rate and sale revenue for your store.
The three Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together extensions that we provided have their own strengths and weaknesses. It is important to carefully consider these modules in order to come up with the best selling strategy for your ecommerce business.