About Magento 2 default
In most of nations, it is required by law that you have to display the base price for the products that have package units such as weight, height,… when selling them online (German is a typical example). However, the default Magento does not support you to set the base price products and their units. Understanding that problem, the active community of Magento 2 developers have come up with the Base Price Extensions for Magento 2 as a solution for your online stores.
Magento 2 Base Price Extension
With the help of this third-party extension, the base price for a packaged product is calculated based on its units and the amounts it gets sold. In other words, if your product is liquids type, which has a capacity per selling unit, it is necessary to display a calculated price for a base unit, for example, $5per little. The Magento 2 Base Price extension eases the calculation for you and your customers with the most standard used conversions. You can also extend them by setting your individual conversions units effortlessly.
This article presents 4 most well-known Magento 2 Base Price extensions currently available on the market, including both free and paid modules. These modules are carefully selected by BSSCommerce team based on the following criteria:
- Extension features
- Social ranking
- Extension price and support policy
- Rating and reviews
Top 4 Famous Magento 2 Base Price Extensions
The first solution to display base price is the Magento 2 Base Price Extension by Magenerds, a free module available for all Magento store owners. It provides the most basic units and conversions rate and is ready to run right after being installed. In addition, the module is highly extendable with your own units. This extension also works for configurable products as long as you provide the necessary information for the child products in the configuration.
Main features of Magenerds Base Price for Magento 2:
- Compute the base price for products to a specified amount and unit
- 100% compatible with configurable products
- Provide most common units: kg, g, mg, l, ml, m, cm, mm
- Expandable units and conversions
- Allow to customize the display of the base price
- Dynamically update the price of each unit
- Well-design documentation and user guide
This Magenerds Base Price for Magento 2 extension is free and can be downloaded here. All you need is just navigate to Magenerds website and sign up to be a member so that you can get this beneficial module for your store.
Hungersoft Magento 2 Base Price extension allows to show the price per unit quantity next to the product price on both the product page and product list blocks of your Magento 2 store. The position of the text can be configured in the backend. The base price is calculated and displayed on the product page based on the amounts you enter on the product page.
Key features of Magento 2 Base Price by Hungersoft
- Present price per unit quantity
- Support multiple metrics for weight, volume, length etc.
- Automatically converse from base metric to valid reference metric
- Customize the text displayed on the product page and product list blocks
- Multi-store compatible configurations
- Detailed User Guide
- Meets standard development practices
- No core files will be overwritten.
In terms of price, Hungersoft charges $39.20 for its community version and $338.20 for the enterprise edition. The installation service costs $50 and is excluded from the numbers mentioned. You can also get free support and free updates for one year when buying this extension from Hungersoft.
The third candidate on our list is Fmeextension Pricing Calculator for Magento 2. This module by Fme allows customers to add the measurements for a product such as length, width, height, cubic yard, kilogram etc. It is said that the Price Calculator extension is one of the most perfect pricing solutions for shops that major in selling tiles, blinds, liquids, fabric, fencing, ropes etc. All the merchant have to do is set per unit price of the product. This extension will then calculate the exact price based on the measurement entered by customers. The merchants can also add a fixed based price, discount rules for large quantity and configure measurement units (meter, foot, inch, etc)
List of fundamental features of Fmeextension Pricing Calculator for Magento 2
- Compute price based on length, square ft, area, volume, etc
- Set Per Unit Price such as price per meter, foot, inch, etc
- Provide 5 different units of measurement i.e. Meter, Foot, Inch, Millimeter & Centimeter
- Let customer enter the measurement
- Enable to add dynamic pricing formula for discounts on quantity
- Allow to set the fixed base price to display the final price for checkout
About the price, the Magento 2 Pricing Calculator by Fmeextension costs $159.99 and $359.99 for the community and enterprise editions, respectively. You can enjoy the 50% discount from Fmeextension if you are their Magento 1 customer. Unlike Hungersoft, Fme provides the installation service for free and a lifetime update and support also require no additional payment.
With Aromicon Base Price extension for Magento 2, it is possible to specify product amount, product unit, reference amount and reference unit individually for every product. A wide collection of measures is also integrated for your convenience. The simple design is based on Magento 2’s Luma Theme, so it is easily expendable.
The main features of this Magento 2 Base Price Extension by Aromicon:
- Display product base price
- Configure product amount, product unit, reference amount and reference unit separately for each product
- Automatically calculate and show product base price after filling in appropriate attributes
- Wide range of measures are integrated
- Extensive format on product view page, shortened format for the category pages and the shopping cart.
- Easily edit format through configuration
- English Speaking Support
Concerning about price, Aromicon Magento 2 Base Price Extension costs €150 excluding tax. 100% Satisfaction Guaranty and 14 Days Money Back Guaranty are offered with the module.
In conclusion, the four Magento 2 Base Price Extensions are the perfect pricing solutions for your e-commerce stores. If you want to submit your Magento 2 Base Price extension or remove any candidate from this list, please feel free to contact us. Don’t forget to Like, Share, and Subscribe to Magext for more helpful extension review articles.