Rich Snippet in Magento 2 is an extension that provides additional information about your websites so that they will be more friendly to the search engine crawlers like Google or Bings. By forming structured data markups in an appealing display, Magento 2 Rich snippets extensions help search engines better comprehend its context for search results. For certain content types, it also allows users to engage directly with your content right from Search. The modules allow store owners to highlight necessary information in search results to increase your website visibility and draw highly targeted traffic to your store. Rich Snippets are easy to use on page markups, enable you to be apart from the extreme competition, increase your click-through rates, and possibly, increase your page rank.
In this article, you will find information about the basic functions of a typical Rich Snippets Extensions for Magento 2. A detailed analysis of the most four famous Magento 2 agencies that develop this kind of module is also provided for your review.
- Enable breadcrumbs in order to improve the clarity of search results. Extended navigation path shows users where they will get right from the search results.
- Allow to display a handy search box right in Google search results.
- Provide customers with Business (Merchant) info. Show your store name & description, location, social links, phone, etc. to raise your brand awareness and stand out in search results.
- Display Rich Snippets (name, price, description, average rating, reviews, availability, …) for product and/or category pages. This function helps to enhance your items with an appealing display to customers and therefore trigger them to click in.
- Support social networks with Open Graph or Twitter Card. (except the extension by Amasty)
These 4 extensions by 4 Magento 2 partners all share the basic functions like above. Below are the additional features that each developer adds to their module.
1. Google Rich Snippets for Magento 2 by Amasty From $129 To $488
The Google Rich Snippets for Magento 2 by Amasty has an extra feature on the category pages. The module allows to show average products ratings and starting price data so that customers can see the average ratings and the minimum prices. This helps them learn more about the items’ quality and price without browsing to store pages.
There is a limitation with the Google Rich Snippets for Magento 2 by Amasty when it comes to the snippets for organizations, comparing to other extensions. It only shows store’s URL, name, and logo in the search results while other information like email, telephone, address, … is not available. The social snippets also is a minus point for Amasty extension.
Amasty charges clients $129 for the community edition of its module and an additional of $300 for the enterprise version. 4-month free support and life-time free update are included in this price.
2. Rich Snippets for Magento 2 by BSSCommerce From $79 to $179
Other than the basic information in category pages as mentioned, the module by BSSCommerce differentiates itself by adding the Category Image snippet to the category pages.
The Magento 2 Rich Snippets extension by BSSCommerce also supports a better sharing of links from your store on not only Facebook but also Twitter with a preview of title, description, and images.
BSSCommerce gets the added point in terms of price and supporting policy. The extension costs only $79 and $179 for the community and enterprise edition, respectively. The price already cover the installation service and one-year free support. This policy is very attractive compared to other developers.
3. Magento 2 Extended Rich Snippets by Mageworx From $99 To $267
The Magento 2 Extended Rich Snippets by Mageworx also has the fundamental features:
- Rich Snippets for category listings
- Business info markup (store name, location, social links, etc.) and set the price range and an image in Business (merchant) info section
- Open Graph & Twitter Cards support: Like BSSCommerce, Mageworx also uses Open Graph and Twitter Card tags to enrich client’s Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn posts.
- Breadcrumbs implementation
- Website/ Page markup (name & description)
The added function in Mageworx module is in the rich snippets for product pages. The extension by Mageworx instantly provides search engines and social media networks with the most detailed product information ever: SKU, Image, Brand, Manufacture, and even Custom Properties.
With these features, Mageworx asks $99 for their extension community edition and $79 more for the other version. An interesting fact about Mageworx supporting policy is that it offers a lifetime free support for the product while others ask for additional fees for this service.
4. Rich Snippets Suite (M2) by Magmodules From €65.00
The special feature of the Magento Rich Snippets Suite by Magmodules lies on the social snippets. It not only use Open Graph and Twitter Card (like BSSCommerce and Mageworx) but also takes advantages of Rich Pins (Pinterest) to make their websites stand out from the avalanche of tweets or posts.
About snippets for product pages, Magemodules also allow to display Brand, Stock information, Model, and Product identifiers as SKU/GTIN. That information will become visible in a more visible way in the results which results in a higher CTR (Click Through Rate) and better SEO positions.
Magemodules also enhances its snippets for Local Business by adding the Company Location with Geo Latitude & Geo Longitude and Company Opening Hours. This enables your local business information to be shown up on Google Maps and in Knowledge Graph cards.
There are two big shortages of the Magento Rich Snippets Suite by Magmodules that you should pay attention to when choosing this type of module for your store. The first limitation is that it does not allow snippets for Category pages. The second one lies on the snippets for site structure. Magemodules does not allow Breadcrumbs to be displayed in the search results.
In conclusion, Magento 2 Rich Snippets Extensions provide Google and other search engines more trustful information about your business and your products. As a result, it will be considered for a higher ranking on the search results, making your store pages stand out from other competitors. In addition, the rich snippets will give users more pleasant while searching for products in your Magento 2 store.
The four modules that we’ve introduced to you have their own strengths and weaknesses. Hence, you should carefully consider your eCommerce business situation (store’s scale, financial health, objectives,…) and the features of each module so that you can choose the most suitable one to apply.