Checkout process is one of the most important steps online customers have to go through to finish their purchase on a Magento Ecommerce store. In this page, buyers need to complete their own information about shipping address, shipping method, payment method, billing address or leave more comments for store owners about orders.
However, there exists a problem that customers often feel uncomfortable or become lazy to spend time filling these fields one by one. The reason lies these information taking customers much time and effort to finish when they have to experience a lot of different steps and have difficulties in editing or changing some previously complete data. To solve this issue, Magento tries to simplify the 6-step checkout page of Magento 1 into a page including only 2 steps: Shipping Address and Payment& Review, which is hoped to help customers perform checkout faster. However, the new solution is not still optimized to bring the best checkout experience for customers because there are still many shortcomings requiring purchasers to carry out more things and especially editing concern is not resolved.
Hence, Magento extension providers continue to develop products to help store owners optimize their checkout page most effectively. In Magento 1, One Step Checkout extensions are extremely popular for all websites. They prove their efficiency in reducing 6-step checkout into 1 page checkout only and satisfy customers with more advanced features default page cannot support. In Magento, One Step Checkout extensions are also being widely sold in the market and promise to bring more convenience for both customers and store owners.
In this blog post, we will together take a detailed look about 6 available Magento 2 One Step Checkout extensions to find out which one will be more suitable with your website. To begin with, we will review 10 fundamental features that an One Step Checkout extension need to have:
- 1. Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension by Magestore – $299
- 2. One Step Checkout for Magento 2 by Amasty – $249
- 3. Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension by BSSCommerce – $139
- 4. Magento 2 One Step Checkout by Hungersoft – $179
- 5. Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension by Mageplaza – $199
Main functions of a must-have Magento 2 One Step Checkout extension
Here are most necessary features that an One Step Checkout extension functions for:
- Combine 2-step checkout step of Magento default into one page only.
- Support Google API to automatically detact customer position.
- Support Google Suggest to suggest and autocomplete customer shipping address when typing some letters in the box.
- Update automatically information when there are changes of related data.
- Support as many payment methods as possible.
- Allow customers to edit their own orders right on the checkout page.
- Show product information on the checkout page for more details.
- Allow customers to select their own delivery dates and times to receive orders and leave comments.
- Provide more convenient options for customers to customize their orders such as gift concerns, newsletter subscription and so on.
- Display responsive checkout page in all devices.
This module can be considered as one of the earliest One Step Checkout extension launched in the market. It not only meets all fundamental functions of an One Page Checkout but also have additional features such as:
- Redirect customers to the checkout page right after they add products to cart.
- Allow customers to log in or forgot password in an Ajax popup which is very convenient for buyers due to not reloading the page.
- Support a nice layout with ability to customize its apperance about color, title or description.
- Notify admininistrators about orders via emails.
The checkout extension from Magestore is really perfect for a website with many good features to improve shopping experience of customers. However, it may be more suitable with big online stores which can afford to spend a big amount of money to equip the best module for their websites and especially business which want to bring the most wonderful checkout for customers. For smaller business with medium scale, they often consider a cheaper module with less functions but still meet their basic demands.
This is a very new One Step Checkout Extension developed by Amasty. Like other checkout extensions, this one provides both customers and store owners all most basic features of an one page checkout. In addition, there is a very interesting function of integrating with success page to bring better and better customer shopping experience:
- Add a custom CMS block ito success page for admin to show more related products or services for purchasers.
- Display order details including information about shipping and payment, order comments and so on.
Therefore, the One Step Checkout extension from Amasty not only simplifies the default checkout process of Magento but also enhances the success page to help attract customers and boost up sales effectively.
BSSCommerce provides an One Step Checkout extension (or One Page Checkout extension) with most fundamental functions of a typical one step checkout module such as:
- Displaying checkout information in one page so that customers can easily fill in at one time
- Support Google API and Google Suggest
- Quickly auto update information when changing others
- Support multiple payment methods
- Allow customers to select delivery dates and times and leave comments
- Add discount codes, gift messages and newsletters subscription into the checkout page
In addition, this checkout extension also contains some other awesome features that few modules support:
- Show delivery dates and times chosen by customers in the backend (Order grid and order details) so that admin can manage conveniently.
- Help admin to set up router name of the checkout page.
With a proper price, the One Page Checkout extension from BSSCommerce will be more matched with small and medium business which just require a basic one page checkout but still help customers to checkout faster and more conveniently.
This One Page Checkout extension has a new feature that no module can support: allow customers to do a small survey on the checkout page. This thing can help store owners to collect customer opinion as well as behaviors depending on their purposes for business.
In addition, there are also some extra functions such as field management and 2 or 3-column layout.
In general, this Magento fast checkout extension has some similar features to Magestore’s except for:
- Support a button called Find me to automatically find customer location
- Have 3 kinds of layout: 1,2 and 3 columns
- Doesn’t support an Ajax popup for Forgot password and allow customers to leave order comments.
All of 5 Magento 2 One Step Checkout extensions are very good for every website to install because of awesome features for both customers and store owners. Each one has its own strengths and weaknesses and Magento online stores need to depend on their demand to select the most suitable extension with financial condition as well as business situation.