Nowadays, requirements of store owners about funtions are more diversified along with the development of Magento platform. More extensions are developed to adapt to various users’ demand. Among popular extensions for Magento 2, Ajax Add to Cart is considered as useful tool to gain better user experience. In this article, we will show you detailed information and highlights about top 6 amazing Magento 2 Ajax Add to Cart extensions.
As you know, default Magento 2 provides basic Ajax Add to Cart feature allowing users to easily add some types of products to cart without page load including simple, downloadable or virtual products. However, with configurable, bundle and grouped product except for configurable product with 2 attributes (size and color), you need to visit the product page to specify custom options. Moreover, after adding to cart, you have to reload to return to the current page, which can make you feel inconvenient or even upset due to time wasting. To solve this problem, Ajax Add to Cart extension with innovative features is a good choice for your website.
AJAX Cart Pro is known as a good choice for overcoming limitations in Magento 2. With this extension, customers can add products to the cart directly from the category pages without page reloads, which can improve customers’ shopping experience. Moreover, customers can see a short description and a review summary in the block, view and select product options or continue browsing the catalog after adding to cart.
In contrast, customization of AJAX Cart Pro is limited when it doesn’t support setting up the design of the Ajax pop-up. For instance, with add to cart block, you only choose whether displaying product short description and reviews summary or not.
2. Magento 2 AJAX Shopping Cart by Amasty – $199
Like AJAX Cart Pro, AJAX Shopping Cart makes the shopping process of customers simple and flawless when they can easily add products to cart right from category pages without any page reloads. Here are fundamental features of AJAX Shopping Cart:
- Handy cart overview consisting of number of products in cart, current cart subtotal, product name, related products
- Support of configurable products and custom options
- Related products block in Ajax pop-up
- Select positions for AJAX cart window: Left/top left, Right/top right, Center, Top. This is a new feature that AJAX Cart Pro doesn’t have.
Compared to AJAX Cart Pro, configuration of this extension is more diversified. Not only does admin have options in changing color of background, header background, text and button text, they can also alter display settings. In particular, the extension supports displaying image of child product in confirmation pop-up after adding to cart successfully. In addition, flying image effect allowing the image of the product added to cart to fly to the Top Cart block in the top menu is also provided in the backend.
3. Magento 2 Ajax Add To Cart by BSSCommerce – $79
BSSCommerce provides Ajax Add to Cart extension with various features to better users’ experience as well as stimulate further shopping from customers:
- Easily add products to cart right in Ajax pop-up on product list page
- Choose product options without visiting product page
- Use Ajax pop-up to promote related, up-sell or cross-sell products
- Set the setting and design of Ajax pop-up and even quick view pop-up
- Works with all Magento product types
Regarding configuration in backend page, the content of Ajax Cart pop-up can be customized the same as Ajax Shopping Cart. In details, you can easily change color of button, button text, set countdown time, display cart information, checkout, view cart link or determine whether showing related products or not in both extensions. The difference is that Ajax Add to Cart by BSSCommerce also allows to alter button text, show product image and edit the image size as wish.
4. Magento 2 Ajax Pro by Templates Master – $99
Ajax Pro also provides the same functions as the above extensions including choosing product options and adding to cart, wishlist and compare products right in the Ajax cart pop-up without reloading page. Besides, add-to-cart design is also friendly and mobile depending on a screen type. Therefore, it helps to improve your store usability and make customers feel more convenient when shopping. A minus point is that customization of this extension has many limitations about pop-up design and settings compared with the one provided by BSSCommerce.
5. Magento 2 Easy Cart by Mageside – $89
In top 6 Ajax Add to Cart extensions for Magento 2, Easy Cart is also a good option with useful functions that comforts users’ demand. The process of shopping is faster due to this extension, which can save time of customers and encourage them to add more products to cart. Let’s check main features of Easy Cart extension:
- Add a product to cart without a single page reload or additional clicks
- Choose custom options of products directly from the category page
- Easily remove and update products without reloading shopping cart page
- Confirmation box with key information about products and other suggested products
- All product types supported
- Allow to customize confirmation pop-up setting but not include pop-up design
6. Magento 2 Ajax Cart by J2T Design – $51.99
In this Extension, features supporting add-to-cart process of customers are provided. Here are the fundamental features of this extension:
- Ajax confirmation box displaying details about product can be customized
- Add-to-cart feature is available on product list pages, also on configurable products.
- Linked products can be shown within ajax box to promote sale
- Loading animation is shown until a product is actually added to cart (on add to cart action)
- Ajax box is responsive and will adapt its size & shape depending on the device used
We have reviewed about 6 Magento 2 Ajax Add to Cart extensions that are highly recommended for a website. Based on the information we provided, you can make your own choice in selecting the suitable Magento 2 Ajax Add To Cart extension to adapt to the site and suitable for your budget. If you have an extension to submit our list, please contact our email. See you in the next Magento 2 article