In default, the basic Magento 2 web store allows guest to create customer account. But sometime, people have no time to do that. They just purchase one time and begone, because they have no information or contact from store. To keep customer relationship closer and increase customer loyalty, store owners have to keep contact with customers. Understand that problem, Magento 2 developers created an extension called Magento 2 Guest to Customer Extension that allows store administrators to convert guest customers to registered customers after checked out. This article will introduces and review 6 best Magento 2 Guest to Customer Extension from 6 other Magento 2 developers.
This extensions list follow these criteria:
- Support Policy
- 1. Magento 2 Guest to Customer Extension – BSSCommerce(59$ CE – 159$ EE)
- 2. Magento 2 Guest to Customer – Goivvy (40$ CE)
- 3. Magento 2 Convert Guest Checkout Customers to Registered Customers – Commerce Extensions (79$)
- 4. Magento 2 Auto Account Creation while Guest Checkout – Tech9logy (49$)
- 5. Convert Guest to User for Magento 2 – mlx store (39.99$)
- 6. Guest to Customer – MagePal (FREE)
By using BSSCommerce Guest to customer for Magento 2 extension, store owner can convert guest customers to registered customers after checkout, automatically or manually. This Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension includes many good features:
- Automatically convert to customer right after guest checkout
- Assign converted customers to customer groups
- Merge guest orders to converted customer orders
- Send notification email following an available template to converted customers, email sender and email templates are customizable.
- Disable new account email
- Select and move all manually converted guest checkout grid
The Demo sites provide full functions and work perfectly. The support policies include free installation, free 1 year support, free update and 30-day money back. BSSCommerce offer customers to pay 59$ for Magento 2 Guest to Customer Extension Community Edition and 159$ for Enterprise Edition.
This is another solution to convert guest to registered customer, but not automatically. Despite the fact that admin have to do several works manually, but it’s still a good-in-budget extension with basic features.
- Manually convert guest checkout customers to registered customers.
- Automatically assign converted customer to customer group
- Merge guest orders to converted customer order.
The Demo frontend of Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension works good, but can not do anything in the backend except log in. There is no information about support policy. Goivvy Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension costs 40$ CE and 30$ for installation service. This Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension works properly in Magento 2.x version.
A slightly higher price Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension from Commerce Extensions, Magento 2 Convert Guest Checkout Customers to Registered Customers provides basic and simple features to keep contact with guest customers.
- Auto convert to customer when guest checkout
- Assign converted guest to customer group
- Disable new account email
- Transfer guest order to converted customer order
- Select and move converted customer in check out grid
- Add a button to checkout page for guest to optionally convert to registered customer account.
There is no demo in Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension product page. The content description provides all features of this extension. The support policies include 1 hour email support and free update for 1 year. Commerce Extensions offers customers to pay 79$ for Magento 2 Guest to Customer Community Edition and 25$ for installation service. Customers also have to pay extra 49$ to 99$ for additional domain licenses.
A lower price Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension from Tech9logy, Magento 2 Auto Account Creation while Guest Checkout from Tech9logy provide some basic features to keep contact with guest customers:
- Automatically create customer account after guest checkout.
- Enable and disable using command.
- Automatically send notification email for guest customer.
There is no demo nor screencap in Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension product page. The content description provides feature information. Support policies include free lifetime support and update. Tech9logy Magento 2 Auto Account Creation while Guest Checkout costs 49$ for Community Edition and 19$ for installation service.
If you are looking for a low price Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension, this is a good-in-budget extension to convert guest for Magento 2 store. Convert Guest to User for Magento 2 have many good features to keep contact with customers:
- Convert guest customer and subscriber to registered user
- Merge information from guest and subscriber to registered user after converted
- Send notification email to converted customers
The highlight of this Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension is the ability to convert both guest customer and subscriber to customer account. The demo with fully functional running good, the content description describes all idea and features. This Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension works well with Magento 2.0.x and above. There is no information about support policies. Convert Guest to User for Magento 2 of MLX Store costs 39.99$ for Community Edition.
This Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension is open source and absolutely free to use. The source code is uploaded on github. You can download it manually or using git clone command. The git page description provides screen cap of the extension working progress (both frontend and backend) and how to install. The main feature of this Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension is convert guest customer to registered customer account, merge information from guest customer to registered customer, provide a button for guest checkout successfully page (but the button didn’t work at all because of bug). It’s a good extension for study and development, if you can’t afford to pay for another Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension.
Above is an introduction of 6 best Magento 2 Guest to Customer Extension. We hope that you will have enough information to decide which extension is the best solution for your web store. Feel free to leave a comment if you have some question. Contact our email if you want to submit your Magento 2 Guest to Customer extension to our list. Don’t forget to subscribe Magexts for more information article about Magento extensions.