Among thousands of products available in e-commerce stores, it is the searching tools that help customers find their target product(s). Therefore, the quality of those searching tools is considered being extremely important to store owners. Fortunately, a lot of Magento 2 Search Extensions have been developed to help you improve your catalog search. With the help of these modules, your Magento 2 Search tools will quickly give the most relevant results, leading a customer from the search box to the checkout page. Hence, higher sales, better customers loyalty, and conversion rate are generated.
In order to help you to have a detailed look at these Magento 2 Search Extensions, our Magexts team have listed down 4 most frequently used Magento 2 Search Extensions. They are selected based on the following criteria:
- Social ranking score
- Product features
- Product-related policy
The Magento 2 Advanced Search Extension by Amasty gets 5/5 points in the ranking scale, which is the highest ranking score, compared to the other modules in this list. This searching module provides visitors with an informative quick search window according to products, categories, and CMS pages. It also allows admins to customize the autocomplete popup so as to simplize the searching process.
The core features of this Amasty Advanced Search Extension for Magento 2 are:
- Enable advanced autocomplete window
- Display recent and relevant search results for reviewing
- Display products, categories, and product reviews in search results
- Allow search in categories, products and on CMS pages
- Allow to customize search window layout
- Add More products button
- Enable ‘Add to cart’ button right in the autocomplete popup
- Enable multiple search blocks for the autocomplete window
In terms of price, Amasty sells its Magento 2 Advanced Search Extension for $139 and $439 for the community and enterprise edition, respectively. Included in the product price is three months free support and a lifetime updates duration. The installation service is $59.
The second Searching module we would like to mention is the Magento 2 Search Suite Extension by Mageworx, which get 4,5 points in the social ranking. This extension enhances the Magento 2 default search by adding the Sphinx search engine. With this Sphinx engine, you can speed up search queries to milliseconds, delivering the most related results to your customers. It is supported on most type of devices like desktop, mobile, and tablet.
The highlight features of the Mageworx Search Suite Extension for Magento 2 are:
- Integrate and pre-define Sphinx functionality easily
- Allow to customize the default Sphinx settings
- Enable to define the Sphinx connection timeout
- Allow to check the validity of the new Sphinx Config file
- Define the Search Matching mode
- Enable to modify the Search Results Ranker settings
- Offer Search Autocomplete functionality
- Putting Search Autocorrect features in development
About the price, the Magento 2 Search Suite Extension by Mageworx costs $99 per community edition and another $99 for the enterprise one. The price comes with a lifetime free updates and improvements as well as free support for the whole product life. Mageworx also offers the professional installation service with $69 more.
Mirasvit also provides a Magento 2 search extension that adds Sphinx to the default Magento search, called Sphinx Search Ultimate for Magento 2. The company’s Sphinx Search Ultimate is considered being one of the fastest and the most powerful search extension for Magento 2. It provides your customers with the most relevant results with a speed of more than 500 queries per sec against 1,000,000 SKUs. Moreover, the Mirasvit Sphinx Search Ultimate Magento 2 search module is perfectly compatible with both desktop and mobile devices.
Mirasvit Magento 2 Sphinx Search Ultimate key features:
- Provide most related results: product reviews, relevant products,..
- Enable to search anywhere: Catalog categories, catalog attributes, CMS Pages, WordPress Blog, Simple Press Forum, vBulletin Forum, etc
- Allow to search by multiple product contents: category names, custom options, related content, and/or associated products, SKUs
- Offer three modes of search engine
- Provide morphology preprocessors
- Enable autocomplete capabilities
- Enable misspelling correction options
The price of this Magento 2 Sphinx Search Ultimate by Amasty is $249 for the community edition and $448 for the enterprise one. The installation service that costs $49 is excluded from the mentioned prices. A 90-days free and high-quality support policy are added for any clients to by this Amasty’s module.
Mageplaza Search extension for Magento 2 is another search module that uses Ajax search for Magento to improve all Magento default searching weaknesses. There is no more delay thanks to the Autocomplete search function, thus considerably save valuable time. Although not being released to the market yet, Mageplaza Magento 2 Search extension is also voted to be a smart choice for the large-scale E-commerce because of more than a million of SKUs for the high-speed searching system.
List of main functions from the Magento 2 Search Extension by Mageplaza:
- Autocomplete search
- More than 10,000 SKUs supported
- Relevant product search results
- Control number of search results
- Default start looking up from 1 character
- Show/Hide product images, price in search result
- Support all languages
- Responsive themes
Concerning about price, Mageplaza intends to charge its Magento 2 Search Extension from $99. The company guarantees to give its clients 1-year free support and lifetime free upgrade for all its paid extension.
5. Other Magento 2 Extensions to Improve Catalog Search
- Improved Sorting for Magento 2 by Amasty
- Magento 2 Search Autocomplete by Mageworx
- Magento 2 Auto Search by Landofcoder
- Advanced Sphinx Search Pro, Search Spell Correction, and Search Autocomplete by Mirasvit
In summary, the Magento 2 Search Extensions are very helpful to optimize your online store searching performance by providing flexible and rapid searching process to your customers. We hope that after reading this article, you will have a comprehensive understanding how these kinds of extensions work so that you can make the right decision. Don’t forget to Like, Share, and Subscribe to receive more informative articles from our Magexts team.
For Magento developers and experts, we are warmly welcome all the comments and recommendations for this list. Don’t hesitate to contact and share your idea with us.