In a time when your customers are spending more and more time on their mobile devices, mobile-optimization should be considered as the priority of any Magento 2 stores. One of the most advanced solutions is to set up Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), so let’s explore about AMP: what it is, why it is useful, and how you can integrate Google AMP functionality on your sites.
- What Is Google AMP?
- Why Should You Have Google AMP Functions On Your E-Commerce Stores?
- 1. Google AMP for Magento 2 extension by Plumrocket ($149.00 CE – $299.00 EE)
- 2. Magento 2 Google AMP extension by BSSCommerce ($119.00 CE – $219.00 EE)
- 3. Google AMP for Magento 2 extension by Webkul ($99.00 CE – $198.00 EE)
What Is Google AMP?
Why Should You Have Google AMP Functions On Your E-Commerce Stores?
Google AMP sounds really interesting, doesn’t it? Let’s explore how this tool benefits your online stores for SEO and beyond.
- Optimize loading time: Google Accelerated Mobile Pages work perfectly as a revolutionary tool to boost the web pages’ loading speed by 85% faster than normal mobile pages.
- Enhance SEO ranking: With accelerated mobile pages’ minimized code, search engines find it easy to discover your web pages and rank them at the higher position on the mobile result pages.
- Lower customer bounce rate: A survey by Google subsidiary – DoubleClick in 2016 revealed that 53% of users abandoned mobile pages which took more than 3 seconds to load. Thus, accelerating your online stores will absolutely improve customers experience and promote them for further engagement and higher conversion rate.
Despite its awesome advantages, publishing Google Accelerated Mobile Pages requires the implementation of code changes, which is rather complicated and time-consuming for store owners. To solve this issue, we have done careful research and offered you with Top 3 Magento 2 Google AMP extensions to set-up AMP on your sites in minutes.
As usual, we pick up Magento 2 modules based on the following criteria:
- The features of each Magento 2 module.
- The prices and support policies provided by Magento 2 extension developers.
- The demo sites of Magento 2 Google AMP extension.
- Ratings and reviews of customers on product pages.
Plumrocket Magento 2 Google AMP plugin is a simple solution to generate highly-optimized pages following AMP standards (simple HTML, inline CSS, asynchronous JS,…). This Magento 2 extension is useful to reduce loading time, enhance search engine visibility, as well as improve conversion rate.
Key features supported by Plumrocket plugin:
- Create Google AMP for certain pages of sites (Homepage, Product Pages, Category Pages, and CMS Pages)
- Customize the content of accelerated mobile pages including color, product image thumbnails, custom logo, social sharing button, Live Chart button, …
- Generate rich snippet and integrate Google Tag Manager and Google Analysis with the created Google AMP Product pages.
Review: In general, this Magento 2 Google AMP extension is equipped with various features which are worth applying. The demo works well, and related documents are very detailed. However, the price of this Magento 2 plugin is quite high at about $469.00 for full services. Particularly, Plumrocket offers the Community Edition at $149.00 and the Enterprise Edition at $299.00, and an extra installation fee of $50.00. A 6-month service agreement is free while a 12-month service agreement will cost you $120.00.
The second Magento 2 Google AMP extension to explore today is developed by BSSCommerce. With the use of this Magento 2 plugin, you can easily optimizing page loading speed, enhance SEO friendliness, reduce bounce rate, and improve customer engagement. This plugin not only has similar functions as those of Plumrocket, but it also includes other interesting features as follow:
- Automatically create AMP pages for multiple places on stores: Homepage, Category Pages. and Product Pages
- Easily select text color and background color for button displayed on Google AMP pages.
- Fully customize the design of Google AMP pages using 6 AMP widgets: Product list, Slide, Iframe, Social Share, Youtube, and Image.
- Set the style of each page with the support of Custom CSS.
- Freely enable Search Box and Subscription Box on AMP pages
- Show rich snippets on the mobile result pages.
- Integrate Magento 2 Google AMP pages with Google Analytics account.
Review: You must be surprised that BSScommerce Google AMP for Magento 2 extension contains almost all features supported by the plugin of Plumrocket, but is provided at a lower price: only $119.00 for the Community Edition and extra $100 for the Enterprise Edition. Especially, installation service is completely free together Free 1-year support, 30-day money back, and free Lifetime upgrade. Also, the demo and user guide are available for you to try this Magento 2 yourself.
Last but not lease, let’s discover Webkul Google AMP for Magento 2 extension.
Compared to two Magento 2 Google AMP extensions mentioned above, Webkul’s module has a bit limited functions which, however, are flawless and easily configured.
- Create AMP pages for online stores.
- Set the number of reviews to be shown on Google AMP pages.
Review: Although there is something wrong with the demo, this Magento 2 extension is a good deal for stores owner wanting the most basic function of AMP pages. The price of the Community Edition ($99.00) included with installation fee ($19.80) is approximate with that of BSSCommerce. If you want to use the Enterprise Edition, then you have to pay $198.00 and additional $19.80 for installation service if any. Regarding other supports, you can choose among the following periods: 3 months (no extra cost), 6 months (+$39.60), and 1 year (+49.50).
Are your e-commerce websites ready for AMP features? Magexts hopes that our review on Top 3 Magento 2 Google AMP features will help you to make the wisest choice. Please Comment, Share, and Subscribe to read other helpful extension reviews. If you are a Magento 2 developer and you want to share your product on our list, then do not hesitate to contact us at any time.