As you probably see, in Magento 2, customers can log in to your Magento 2 site without any restriction, that may lead to a large number of junk accounts existing on your site and make some difficulties to manage. Understand this limitation of Magento 2 default, a lot of Magento 2 Customer Approval extensions were launched to the Magento market. Having the same concern about this issue, so, in this article, we would like to review six Magento 2 extensions for new customer approval. Let’s find out which one is the most appropriate extension for your Magento 2 store!
- 1. Magento 2 Customer Approval Extension by BSSCommerce – 79$
- 2. Customer Approve M2 by Magebright – $89
- 3. Customer Approval M2 Extension by Extension Hut – $99
- 4. Customer Approval Magento 2 by Hungersoft – $89
- 5. Magento 2 Customer Activation by Magearray – $99
- 6. Pending Registration for Magento 2 by Itoris – $99
There are two reasons why Magento 2 Customer Approval extension by BSSCommerce is a must-have extension. Firstly, using this extension is good for customer accounts management. Because instead of the default automatic activation, Magento 2 Customer Approval extension helps you to control customer accounts registered in your website. Secondly, the module offers an affordable price comparing to other extensions having same features.
So, let’s see what are the main feature of the Magento 2 extension for customer approval below:
- Enable to approve new accounts automatically
- Show pending and disapproved messages
- Send emails to admin when new accounts created
- Automatic emails sent to customers when their accounts are accepted/rejected.
- Add an activation status attribute for customers in the backend: Pending, Approved and Disapproved.
One can say that Customer Approval for Magento 2 overrides the default of Magento 2. Because, the extension allows admins to approve or disapprove new accounts logged in to your Magento 2 site per their convenience in Customer grid in the backend. After creating a new account, a pending message will display for notifying. Also, after admin decides an account to be approved or disapproved, an announcement email will be sent to customer under email template customized by admin. Moreover, admin can accept or reject multiple accounts in the backend by once quickly.
2. Customer Approve M2 by Magebright – $89
Customer Approve extension for Magento 2 by Magebright allows admin to control customer accounts from logging in to your Magento 2 site with approval step. Of course, this extension is so valuable for verifying customer’s information before giving them permission to access to your Magento 2 website. With this module, you can configure to redirect clients to any URL inside or outside your Magento 2 site. Magento 2 Customer Approve extension also allows admin to enable send email notifications function to the admin as well as to the customer for announcing about the approval issue. This extension is available with admin notifications, customer approval and disapproval email templates. In addition, admin is totally can customize email templates using transaction email feature in Magento 2. Furthermore, a bulk of customer accounts can be approved or declined quickly with this extension as well.
Let’s take a walk through some main features of Magento 2 Customer Approve extension by Extension Hut to see how interesting it is:
- Enable to restrict or agree new accounts logging to your site.
- Display pending and disapproved messages for customers.
- Automatically send emails to admin when new account created.
- Send email to customers if their accounts are accepted or rejected
- Insert a new activation status column for customers in the backend including three options: pending, approved and disapproved.
- Performing of approving or disapproving customer accounts conveniently with mass action.
Of course, the Customer Approval extension overrides the limitation of customer registration function in Magento 2 default. Using this module admin is given ability to agree or disagree customer login request conveniently. However, email templates for notifying customers as well as admin are fixed, admin cannot customize them as they want.
Not much different with those three extensions above, Customer Approval M2 by Hungersoft also allows admin to restrict customers from logging in to your Magento 2 website. Specifically, admin can approve or reject customers in bulk form Manage Customer grid in the backend. With this plugin, customer can receive notification about their account approval. Similarly, emails announcing for a new account created is automatically sent to admin quickly. In addition, Customer Approval M2 can be performed in three following methods such as using mass actions to approve or reject a large number of customer accounts once, using provided action on customer grid or using Approve/Reject buttons in the customer edit page.
Magento 2 Customer Activation by Magearray offers you a variety of highlight features to improve your Magento 2 store. One is managing new customer accounts by approval function so new registered customers have to be approved by administrators before they can log or purchase on your Magento 2 store. At any time a customer registers, admin will receive notification email so they will know there is an account is waiting for activating. Similarly, customers will receive emails after their accounts activated. After that, customers can log in and make orders. Moreover, admin can only require activation for specific customer groups. Hence, the other groups which are not required to approved can login without restriction. Besides, Magento 2 store owners have an ability to decide which particular store influenced the module. Of course, Magento 2 Customer Activation by Magearray is easy to install and configure as wish.
The last Magento 2 extension for customer approval we want to mention is Pending Registration for Magento 2 by Itoris. Let’s see what features offered in this extension.
- Power to approve customer accounts manually.
- Show pending and disapproved messages for customer.
- Automatic emails for notifying customer and admin about newl registered accounts.
- Changes customer account status in bulk from backend.
- Edit email templates as wish.
- Select customer group to be affected of the module.
Of course, all the main features of the Pending Registration for Magento 2 by Itoris work well with all customer groups. Moreover, the extension is really easy to install and configure as well.
Hence, that is all the review of six Magento 2 extensions for customer account approval we want to share you. If you find it helpful for you, please Like, Share and Subscribe to keep updating for more upcoming blogs!