Magento 2 Import Export extensions are great tools for category import/ export, which saves your time and effort in editing your site’s structure.
Yesterday, we received a letter from Anna, who is the owner of an online footwear store. Being about to update her Magento 2 website to another site, she has looked for the safest and fastest way to transfer existing categories to the new place.
Even though the default does support several import/export functionalities, there hasn’t been Magento 2 category import/export yet. Manual category copying is a possible solution, but it wastes tons of time and effort or even results in serious mistakes.
As a result, we end up with this dedicated review on Top 5 Magento 2 Import Export extensions. Transfering category value (category ID, store ID, category image, category product, and more) back and forth among Magento 2 stores become most comfortable than ever with CSV file support.
As regular, Magexts reviewers have carefully picked the list of 5 Magento 2 Import Export Categories extensions considering the following criteria:
- The features of each Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension.
- The prices and support policies coming with the extensions.
- The demo sites of Import/Export Categories for Magento 2 extensions.
- Ratings and reviews on Magento 2 Import/Export Categories product pages.
We hope that this post will help Anna, as well as those having the same concern, make the wisest choice when it comes to importing/exporting categories from Magento 2 stores.
Using Magento Import Export extension by BSSCommerce, store owners can export all necessary category values to a CSV file.
Besides, they can download a clean sample file and prepare a similar file manually. When such the file is ready, it is uploaded to import the selected category information to new Magento 2 stores at once.
The features also basic, but works smoothly and error-freely:
- Export various categories, parent categories, products, images and many more to CSV file.
- Set Category ID and store view ID to export specific categories as needed.
- Import unlimited category CSV file into the new place in light-fast speed.
- Allow preparing import category file with the sample CSV file available to download at any time.
The product page of BSSCommerce Magento 2 Import Export Categories extension is detailed enough with comprehensive description, related documents, and especially frontend and backend demos. Hence, you can go through all features before deciding to install this Magento 2 solution or not.
About the price, it seems more expensive than other mentioned plugins at first: $59.00 for the Community and $159.00 for the Enterprise.
However, you can take full advantage of the support policies such as free installation, free 1-year support, and free lifetime update without any extra fee. Generally, this Magento 2 Import Export Categories is good in features and prices.
Magebees Import Export extension for Magento 2 simplifies the creation of multiple categories in CSV format to import and export any number of categories and their values at once.
The features of Magento Import Export extension by Magebees are similar to those of the first extension:
- Import/export categories with related values (metadata, images, layout, etc.)
- Include, update, or remove categories from Magento 2 sites with the help of the CSV file.
- Export Magento 2 categories by SKUs and assign products during importing via CSV.
- Support multi-store level.
Though no demo is available, there are detail documents such as sample CSV file for Magento 2 import/export categories, the user guide, and installation guide.
Nevertheless, Magebees only offers the Community Edition version for this Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension. In terms of price, you have to pay $39.99 for the module and $39.00 for installation. 30-day money-back, 1-year support, and lifetime free update will follow.
Transferring categories from one Magento 2 store to another is a laborious and time-consuming task, so we strongly recommend you consider Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extensions. And here is the third alternative for you.
Highlight functions supported by Commerce Extension’s Magento 2 Import/Export Categories:
- Import/export all categories including their associated data.
- Import/export product SKUs and product positions within the imported categories.
- Import/export images of categories by HTTP URL or from the server.
This Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension is compatible with the Community Edition only. Commerce Extension sells this module with the similar functions by other vendors at $49.99. Installation and 1-month service agreement, if any, come at $25.00 and $95.00 respectively.
Solwininfotech has developed the first Magento 2 Import/Export extension on the list to help store owners save time and effort in exchange the categories and the related data within or between Magento 2 sites.
Key features supported by Solwininfotech Import/Export Categories for Magento 2 extension:
- Import/export categories and sub-categories using CSV files.
- Import/Export all related data such as meta information, image, description.
- Set category IDs for the quick import/export categories.
The features of this Magento 2 Import/Export categories extension is basic and provided at $39.00 for both the Community Edition and the Enterprise Edition. The support policies included are free lifetime update and bug-free code. For installation service, you have to pay $29.00 more.
However, the fact that there is no demo and detailed user guide might prevent you from exploring all features of Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension, if wanted. We’ve contacted the Solwinifotech team and hope they will implement it soon.
The last Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension is also the good solution to update bulk category data in several clicks.
Spontaneous has equipped its Magento 2 Import/Export extension with the features by other developers and one interesting more:
- Import/export bulk categories, products, and attributes via CSV file.
- Add and upgrade images of categories right through web URL.
- Support multiple store views and hierarchy structure of categories.
The hierarchy support is beneficial to import any tree level of selected categories.
Magento 2 Import/Export extension comes at $85.00 for both the Community Edition and the Enterprise Edition, together with 6-month support and future update. You will be charged for installation and 12-month extended support.
Magento 2 extension developers keep their work to offer you more and more solutions that override the limitation of the default. Magento 2 Import Export Categories is only one on the Import/Export for Magento 2 extension list.
If you have any questions or if we miss any useful Magento 2 Import/Export Categories, please email us directly at email@example.com.