Yesterday, we received a letter from Anna, who is the owner of an online footwear store. Being about to update her Magento 2 website to another site, she has looked for the safest and fastest way to transfer existing categories to the new place. Even though the default does support several import/export functionalities, there hasn’t been Magento 2 category import/export yet. Manual category copying is a possible solution, but it wastes tons of time and effort or even results in serious mistakes.
As a result, we end up with this dedicated review on Top 5 Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extensions. Transfering category value (category ID, store ID, category image, category product, and more) back and forth among Magento 2 stores becomes most comfortable than ever with CSV file support.
As regular, Magexts reviewers have carefully picked the list of 5 Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extensions considering the following criteria:
- The features of each Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension.
- The prices and support policies coming with the extensions.
- The demo sites of Import/Export Categories for Magento 2 extensions.
- Ratings and reviews on Magento 2 Import/Export Categories product pages.
We hope that this post will help Anna, as well as those having the same concern, make the wisest choice when it comes to importing/exporting categories from Magento 2 stores.
- Magento 2 Import/Export Categories by Solwininfotech ($39.00 CE – $39.00 EE)
- Magento 2 Import/Export Categories by Magebees ($39.99 CE)
- Magento 2 Import/Export Categories by Commerce Extension ($49.99 CE)
- Magento 2 Import/Export Categories by BSSCommerce ($59.00 CE – $159.00 EE)
- Magento 2 Import/Export Categories by Spontaneous ($85.00 CE – $85.00 EE)
Solwininfotech has developed the first Magento 2 Import/Export extension on the list to help store owners save time and effort in exchange the categories and the related data within or between Magento 2 sites.
Key features supported by Solwininfotech Import/Export Categories for Magento 2 extension:
- Import/export categories and sub-categories using CSV file.
- Import/Export all related data such as meta information, image, description.
- Set category IDs for the quick import/export categories
The features of this Magento 2 Import/Export categories extension is basic and provided at $39.00 for both the Community Edition and the Enterprise Edition. The support policies included are free lifetime update and bug-free code. For installation service, you have to pay $29.00 more. However, the fact that there is no demo and detailed user guide might prevent you from exploring all features of Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension, if wanted. We’ve contacted the Solwinifotech team and hope they will implement soon.
Magebees Magento 2 Import/Export extension simplifies the creation of multiple categories in CSV format to import and export any number of categories and their values at once.
The features of Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension by Magebees are similar to those of the first extension:
- Import/export categories with related values (metadata, images, layout, etc.)
- Include, update, or remove categories from Magento 2 sites with the help of CSV file.
- Export Magento 2 categories by SKUs and assign products during importing via CSV.
- Support multi-store level.
Though no demo is available, there are detail documents such as sample CSV file for Magento 2 import/export categories, the user guide, and installation guide. Nevertheless, Magebees only offers the Community Edition version for this Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension. In term of price, you have to pay $39.99 for the module and $39.00 for installation. 30-day money back, 1-year support, and lifetime free update will follow.
Transfering categories from one Magento 2 store to another is a laborious and time-consuming task, so we strongly recommend you consider Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extensions. And here is the third alternative for you.
Cap: Commerce Extension provides you with Magento 2 Import/Export Categories.
Highlight functions supported by Commerce Extension’s Magento 2 Import/Export Categories:
- Import/export all categories including their associated data.
- Import/export product SKUs and product positions within the imported categories.
- Import/export images of categories by HTTP URL or from the server.
This Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension is compatible with the Community Edition only. Commerce Extension sells this module with the similar functions by other vendors at $49.99. Installation and 1-month service agreement, if any, come at $25.00 and $95.00 respectively.
Using Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension by BSSCommerce, store owners can export all necessary category values to a CSV file. Besides, they can download a clean sample file and prepare a similar file manually. When such the file is ready, it is uploaded to import the selected category information to new Magento 2 stores at once.
The features also basic, but works smoothly and error-freely:
- Export various categories, parent categories, products, images and many more to CSV file.
- Set Category ID and store view ID to export specific categories as needed.
- Import unlimited category CSV file into the new place in light-fast speed.
- Allow preparing import category file with the sample CSV file available to download at any time.
The product page of BSSCommerce Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension is detailed enough with comprehensive description, related documents, and especially frontend and backend demos. Hence, you can go through all features before deciding to install this Magento 2 solution or not. About the price, it seems more expensive than other mentioned plugins at first: $59.00 for the Community and $159.00 for the Enterprise. However, you can take full advantages of the support policies such as free installation, free 1-year support, and free lifetime update without any extra fee. Generally, this Magento 2 Import/Export Categories is good in features and prices.
The last Magento 2 Import/Export Categories extension is also the good solution to update bulk category data in several clicks.
Spontaneous has equipped its Magento 2 Import/Export extension with the features by other developers and one interesting more:
- Import/export bulk categories, products, and attributes via CSV file.
- Add and upgrade images of categories right through web URL.
- Support multiple store views and hierarchy structure of categories.
The hierarchy support is beneficial to import any tree level of selected categories. Magento 2 Import/Export extension comes at $85.00 for both the Community Edition and the Enterprise Edition, together with 6-month support and future update. You will be charged for installation and 12-month extended support.
Magento 2 extension developers keep their work to offer you more and more solutions which override the limitation of the default. Magento 2 Import/Export Categories is only one on the Import/Export for Magento 2 extension list. Here are several review articles under the same topic that you should never miss:
- Better SEO with 4 Amazing Magento 2 Import Export URL Rewrite Extensions
- 4 Awesome Magento 2 Import/Export Product Reviews Extensions You Must Know
- Quickly Import/Export Product Attributes With 4 Amazing Magento 2 Extensions
If you have any questions or if we miss any useful Magento 2 Import/Export Categories, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.