Due to a large number of customers and big data of, admins always have to spend much time and effort on managing activities of their online store. Therefore, supporting tools play an important role in helping admin conduct online operating activities fast and effectively. Magento 2 Custom Order Number extension is known as a useful way to easily change the default order number as well as make your online store operations become more efficient. In this blog, we will present essential information and reviews of 5 best Custom Order Number extensions for Magento 2.
Top 5 Custom Order Number extensions were chosen and arranged among many potential extensions by Magexts team. Through careful research, we selected them manually to bring forward assessment based on these criteria:
- Extension functions
- Rating and reviews
- About Default Magento 2
- Benefits of Magento 2 Custom Order Number Extension
- 5 Excellent Custom Order Number Extensions for Magento 2
- The Final Verdict
About Default Magento 2
It is a pity that default Magento 2 does not allow admin to customize order numbers and all other necessary document numbers as well. You have to accept the constant format of order number without altering it as wish. For all orders in the store, the counter only rises one by one and the numbers usually consist of many unmeaningful digits.
With Custom Order Number extension, not only order numbers are able to be customized but invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers can also be modified.
Benefits of Magento 2 Custom Order Number Extension
This extension helps admin alter sales related numbers of the store so that controlling sale data is more effective. After configuring, admin won’t be confused and can easily distinguish order ID, invoice ID, shipment ID or credit memo ID from each other. Moreover, with changing padding or increments, you can make your order numbers more readable.
In addition, admin can use the Custom Order Number module to change order number for the purpose of attracting customers. For new online stores, clients will trust your webshop as well as appreciate the popularity of your store when you set the start order number in a great number. Lastly, competitors will not have a chance to collect the real sale numbers of your store if you customize numbers related sales, which makes them face up to difficulties in building business strategies towards your store.
5 Excellent Custom Order Number Extensions for Magento 2
1. Custom Order and Invoice Numbers for Magento 2 by Cedcommerce – $49
In general, this is a good extension because it provides users with basic functions of a Custom Order Number module. Based on these features, admin can customize document numbers to make the convenience in managing your store. In addition, the price of $49 is acceptable and you are also supported free installation for this extension.
Main features of Cedcommerce Custom Order Number extension:
- Create order number format by using variables such as date, time, random and alphanumeric numbers
- Prefixes can be different or same
- Only future invoices, credit memos and shipments will be altered, not previous data
- Make order number be similar to invoice, shipment and credit memo number
- Change number padding to set the length of orders number
- Use various increment numbers for order number as well as for invoice, shipment and credit memo
- Reset sales related numbers daily, monthly or yearly basis
2. Custom Order Number for Magento 2 by BSSCommerce – $59
Magento 2 Custom Order Number extension developed by BSSCommerce is considered as an effective way to improve operations in the store. This extension supports features which are essential for configuring sales related numbers. Compared to other extensions, the price of $59 is acceptable with many outstanding functions. Moreover, BSSCommerce also supports free installation and free update for all their products.
Highlighted features of BSSCommerce Magento 2 Custom Order Number extension:
- Design a flexible number format with letters and various variables such as Counter, Date, Random Number, Store ID,…
- Customize Counter variable by setting number start, increments and number padding
- Reset counter automatically or manually
- Alter the invoice, shipment and credit memo number like order number
- Auto reset daily, weekly, monthly, yearly
- Apply to multiple store views
3. Order Number Customizer for Magento 2 by Xtento – $79
The price of $79 can be accepted for important features which are supported by this extension.
Key features of Xtento Order Number Customizer extension:
- Configure order numbers, invoice numbers, shipment numbers and credit memo numbers
- Add letters/numbers, prefix, suffix and variables to number format
- Set a custom starting number for counter, padding and increment
- Reset counter daily, monthly or yearly automatically
- Allows multi-store environments: Counters per website/store view
4. Order Number Customizer for Magento 2 by Fooman – $149
Compared to other extensions of BSSCommerce or Cedcommerce, this extension lacks some useful functions of a Custom Order Number extension. With the price of $149, it is quite expensive and you also have to pay $34.16 for installation service.
Fundamental features of Fooman Order Number Customizer extension:
- Customize order, invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers with any combination of letters, numbers and dates/times
- Set custom increments and padding for order numbers
- Utilize the same order number for other sales related numbers plus add prefixes, suffixes or other customisations
- Use individual order number settings for each store
- Combine invoice and credit memo sequence – e.g. Invoice 001, Invoice 002, Credit 003, Invoice 004
5. Custom Order Number for Magento 2 by Amasty – $169
This Amasty extension is known as a good choice for your store with must-have functions of a Magento 2 Custom Order Number extension. However, it seems expensive with the price of $169 and you also need to pay $59 in case you ask for installation service.
Main features of Amasty Custom Order Number extension:
- Customize order, invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers
- Use prefixes and postfixes to change documents numbering
- Auto reset counter daily, monthly or yearly
- Set custom start number for all order documentation
- Set the same as order number for invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers
The Final Verdict
We have shown you details and our evaluation about 5 excellent Magento Custom Order Number extensions you should know. We hope that you can choose the suitable extension for your website based on our reviews. If you want to suggest adding or removing any Custom Order Number extension, please feel free to contact us. Keep following Magexts to receive other interesting review articles!