The loading speed of your online stores really matters as it was the factor that decides whether your customers will stay or not. That’s why many Magento 2 AMP extensions have been developed over the past few years.
These days, as your customers are increasingly glued to their mobile devices, mobile-optimization should be considered as the priority of any Magento 2 stores. One solution is to set up Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
So let’s explore what it is, why it is useful, and the top 5 Magento 2 AMP extension options to integrate Google AMP functionality into your sites.
What Is AMP?
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) involves an open-source attempt spearheaded by Google in 2015 to increase page loading speed almost instantly.
The idea of Google AMP is based on the principle that search engines often give priority to fast-loading and easily-cached pages.
Why Should You Have AMP Functions On Your eCommerce Stores?
Google AMP sounds really interesting, doesn’t it? Let’s explore how this tool benefits your online stores for SEO and beyond.
- Optimize loading time: Google Accelerated Mobile Pages work perfectly as a revolutionary tool to boost the web pages’ loading speed by 85% faster than normal mobile pages.
- Enhance SEO ranking: With accelerated mobile pages’ minimized code, search engines find it easy to discover your web pages and rank them at a higher position on the mobile result pages.
- Lower customer bounce rate: Accelerating your online stores will absolutely improve customers’ experience and promote them for further engagement and higher conversion rates.
Despite its awesome advantages, publishing Google Accelerated Mobile Pages requires the implementation of code changes, which is rather complicated and time-consuming for store owners.
To solve this issue, we have done careful research and will provide you with the top 5 Magento 2 Google AMP extensions to set-up AMP on your sites in minutes. As usual, we pick up Magento 2 modules based on the following criteria:
- The features of each Magento 2 module
- The prices and support policies provided by Magento 2 extension developers
- The demo sites of Magento 2 Google AMP extensions
- Ratings and reviews of customers on product pages
Top 5 Magento 2 AMP Extension Reviews
|2||BSS Commerce||$119||Magento 2.2.x - 2.3.1|
|5||Swissuplabs||$79||2.3.0 - 2.3.4, 2.2.x, 2.1.10 - 2.1.13|
A quick summary for your references (constantly updated)
#1. Magento 2 AMP Extension by BSS Commerce – $119
You must be surprised that BSScommerce Google AMP for Magento 2 extension contains almost all features supported by the plugin of Plumrocket, but is provided at a lower price: only $119 for CE.
Especially, the installation service is completely free together: free 1-year support, 30-day money-back, and free lifetime upgrade. Also, the demo and user guide are available for you to try this Magento 2 yourself
With this Magento 2 plugin, you can easily optimize the page loading speed, enhance SEO friendliness, reduce bounce rate, and improve customer engagement.
Compatibility: Magento 2.2.x – 2.3.1
- Automatically create AMP pages for multiple places on stores: Homepage, Category Pages. and Product Pages
- Easily select text color and background color for the button displayed on Google AMP pages.
- Fully customize the design of Google AMP pages using 6 AMP widgets: Product list, Slide, Iframe, Social Share, Youtube, and Image.
- Set the style of each page with the support of Custom CSS.
- Freely enable Search Box and Subscription Box on AMP pages
- Show rich snippets on the mobile result pages.
- Integrate Magento 2 Google AMP pages with Google Analytics account.
#2. Magento 2 AMP Plugin by Plumrocket – $149
Plumrocket Magento AMP plugin is a simple solution to generate highly-optimized pages following AMP standards. It is useful to reduce loading time, enhance search engine visibility, and improve conversion rate.
In general, this Magento AMP extension is equipped with various features. The demo works well, and related documents are very detailed. However, the price is quite high at about $469.00 for full services.
Compatibility: Magento 2.x.x
- Create AMP pages for your store
- Improve Search Engine Optimization
- Significantly speed-Up mobile page load
- Compatible with Custom & Third party Magento themes
- Customize the content of accelerated mobile pages, including color, product image thumbnails, custom logo, social sharing button, Live Chart button…
- Generate rich snippets and integrate Google Tag Manager and Google Analysis with the created Google AMP Product pages.
#3. Magento 2 AMP Extension by Webkul – $99
Although there is something wrong with the demo, this Magento 2 extension is a good deal for stores owner wanting the most basic function of AMP pages.
This brilliant product will help you to lower the loading time of your website and improve the overall user experience of mobile users. It will also enhance site visibility while searching on a search engine.
Compatibility: Magento 2.x.x
- Faster loading page for mobile users
- Improved search engine ranking
- Increase visibility
- Better user experience
- Less bounce rate
- An increase in sales conversions
- Set the number of reviews that will be visible on the product AMP page.
#4. AMP for Magento 2 by Amasty – $149
Make your store pages load 85% faster for mobile users with Magento 2 AMP. Improve site usability and visibility in search results by generating super lightweight mobile pages.
Compatibility: Magento 2.x.x
- Significantly reduce average page load time
- Auto-generate separate mobile pages
- Display rich snippets for better search
- Track pages performance with Google Analytics
- Easily customize the AMP page design
#5. Magento 2 AMP Extension by Swissuplabs – $79
This Magento 2 AMP extension aims to help you build specific pages for mobile devices.
This is an AMP package that consists of lightweight CSS styles powered by the SASS and AMP module that automatically converts all known tags and blocks into amp compatible elements.
Compatibility: 2.3.0 – 2.3.4, 2.2.x, 2.1.10 – 2.1.13
- Generate Google AMP for homepage, search results and CMS pages
- Auto-create AMP version for the category, product, product comparison pages
- Custom layout and styles
- Show lightweight pages on mobile
- Highlight AMP pages in search results
- Better mobile browsing
- Your store visibility improved
- Magento Google Analytics functionality
Are your e-commerce websites ready for AMP features? Magexts hopes that you’ll get an insight into Magento 2 AMP extensions after the tutorial.
Besides, we believe that our review of the 5 best Magento AMP extensions will help you to make the greatest choice. If you have any further suggestions or questions, let us know in the comment section below.
If you are a Magento 2 developer and you want to share your product on our list, then do not hesitate to contact us at any time. Many thanks for reading!