You can do business with just an e-commerce website. There’s no warehouse, no manufacturer, no location needed. You just need a brilliant strategy to reduce cost and increase your cash flow, which is called Magento 2 Dropshipping Extension.
This article will provide an overview of Dropshipping, some pros, and cons when doing such a kind of business. And later on, various amazing drop ship extensions for Magento 2 will be presented.
What Is The Dropship Supply Chain?
Dropship is a business model in which you can sell what you don’t actually own. When there are any orders, you forward it to third parties, and they will directly deliver items to customers on behalf of your online stores.
In other words, you act like a bridge between multiple suppliers and the customers and earn profit from that.
The biggest difference between retailing and dropshipping is the cost of warehouses. When selling your own products, you need a stockroom. However, in dropshipping, you don’t have to spend money on that as your suppliers will bear such fees.
Pros and Cons
As a result, you can expect awesome benefits and gain profit:
- Low Investment: There’s no need to invest thousands of dollars as you don’t have to buy any product, or hire warehouses, transportations, to name but a few.
- Easy to get started: Starting such a business is much simpler since you don’t need to handle physical products.
- Flexible Location: You can place your Magento 2 store anywhere. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection, and everything will be well managed.
- Large Product Offerings: You aren’t limited to the product ranges. As you forward order to any type of supplier, customers and freely choose any item they have interest in.
- Easily enlarge scale: By making use of other vendors, most of the works on additional order processing will be handled by these suppliers. Therefore, fewer efforts are made to enlarge the scale.
However, there are still several drawbacks remained:
- Low profit: This is the biggest drawback of dropshipping. As it is easy to start and low capital is required, this will create a competitive market.
- Inventory issues: The fact that you don’t own inventory will create both benefits and disadvantages. Such an issue will make it hard to control whether the inventory of suppliers is already exported or not.
- Shipping Complication: If customers purchase items from different suppliers, you have to forward the same number of orders; additionally, bear the same number of shipping fees.
- Suppliers’ fault: Maybe the defect is not your fault but your suppliers’. However, you still have to be responsible when buyers order at your place.
Despite those drawbacks, such type of business is still worthwhile. Just give it a try and get started with us right now.
Magento 2 Dropshipping Extension: Top Options in 2020
#1. Shipper HQ by WebShopApps – FREE
Not only is this Magento Drop Ship Extension free, but it’s also compatible with both Magento 1 & Magento 2.
The dropshipping function included in this extension enables you to control shipping progress from different locations.
- ShipperHQ integration
- Specific options for each warehouse (carrier, email, shipping methods, etc.)
- Automatic notifications
- Other features of ShipperHQ
#2. Aliexpress Dropship for Magento 2 by Webkul – $249
With Magento 2 Dropship extension by Webkul, you can easily add multiple warehouses for the products and manage well.
Such a highlighted feature helps to shorten the delivery time as items will be directly shipped from the nearest warehouse.
- Multiple warehouses management
- Warehouse price rules
- Specific shipping methods for each warehouse
- Multi-source Inventory support
- Products importing via AliExpress
This extension is considered to be one of the most powerful and popular to manage warehouses.
We have to note that this extension requires Embedded ERP Magento 2. Please make sure to install that first; otherwise, it will not work as a standalone.
- Supplier stock and price auto-import
- Best vendors selection
- Follow up shipping progress
- Controlling workflow
- The import file retrieval
#4. Magento 2 Dropship Extension by AA Logics – $300
The forth Magento 2 Dropshipping on the list developed by AA Logics is quite similar to the one by Webkul. This solution eases the work of AliExpress dropshippers.
Besides, there are other noticeable features.
- Real-time importing
- Product information editing
- Multiple products importing
- Automatic order placement
- Easy to use
- Easy products’ information extraction
#5. Magento 2 Dropshipping Integration by Xtento – $686
This extension is the best solution for you if you find it difficult to manage the dropshipping orders. Especially, this Magento Dropshipping Extension is available for both versions of Magento.
Different from other extensions, such features below are attached extensions. You can consider adding a single extension or the integration package to the cart at one time.
- Order exporting
- Tracking number importing
- Stock importing
- Product feed exporting
#6. Magento 2 Dropship extension by Unigry – $950
Such a premium extension will provide the best solution for dropshipping for e-commerce.
Some amazing features are integrated to boost your online business. Hence, there’s nothing to worry about.
- Automated dropship workflow
- Automated shipping tracking
- Dropship fulfillment
- Dropship payments and payouts
- Multi-vendors options
- Integration preference
- Multiple product types
- Product catalog management
- Financial suite
- Comprehensive API
#7. Dropshipping for Magento 2 by Amasty – $399
This is another option for Magento 2 Dropshipping Extension. You can easily set up your own online business with no warehouse fee. Instead, using your suppliers’ warehouse and directly deliver to your customers is an excellent point of this extension.
Moreover, you are able to forward various orders to the same or different suppliers at the same time. Therefore, you can save time for other tasks.
- Multiple warehouses
- Multiple orders assignment
- Easy communication with suppliers
- Shipping cost calculation
- Dropshippers’ access limitation
- All Advanced MSI features included
- Catalog extends
#8. Magento 2 Dropship Extension by Magespacex – $249
This module will help to create a reliable bridge between you and your suppliers.
If you want to enlarge your business scale, then don’t overlook this extension. You are able to sell your own products and those of suppliers as well. It’s another way to earn more profit, isn’t it?
There’s also a clear instruction to integrate dropshipping into your Magento store. Have a click and find out.
- Easy to use
- Easy configuration
- Order Fulfillment Configuration
- Order listing
#9. Magento 2 Improved Import/Export by Firebear – $599
This extension is not specialized for dropshipping. However, it offers full circle products and stock imports from any source and format.
As a result, this main feature improves the dropshipping solution, in which a lot of merchants are interested.
- Enormous sources for importing
- Flexible EAV import
- Migration with mapping templates
- Automate and schedule importing and exporting
- Easy management
- User-friendly interface
- Ability to import millions of products
- High-speed importing
- Easy customization
|2||Webkul||Magento 2.0.x - 2.1.x - 2.2.x - 2.3.x||$249|
|3||Boostmyshop||Magento 2.2.x - 2.3.x||$349|
|4||AA Logics||Magento 2.1.x||$300|
|5||Xtento||Magento 1 and Magento 2||$686|
|6||Unigry||Magento 2 and later||$950|
|8||Magespacex||Magento 2.0 - 2.1 - 2.2 - 2.2.3 - 2.2.4 - 2.2.5 - 2.2.6 - 2.3.0 - 2.3.2||$249|
|9||Firebearstudio||Magento 2.1.x - 2.2.x - 2.3.x||$599|
To sum up, although there are still some disadvantages remained, dropshipping is an excellent kick-start for your online shop. We highly recommend giving it a try to build your e-commerce.
We hope that those recommendations on Magento 2 Dropshipping extension will make you ready to have a good start.
Feel free to leave your comment below to let us know what you think about Magento 2 Dropship. If you are a Magento 2 vendors and desire to share your extension with everyone, contact us at any time.