As you know, running a multiple store view eCommerce business is absolutely not an easy task to do. Therefore, the Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher Extension has been created by automatically switching the store view, language, and currency based on the visitors’ IP location.
With these Magento 2 GeoIP modules, your customers no longer have the confusion of dealing with an unfamiliar language or currency problems at first sight.
In this article, you’ll find information about the basic functions of a typical GeoIP Extension for Magento 2. You’ll also see the unique features in each module of the 6 most popular Magento Solution Companies.
Fundamental Features of Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher Extension
- Automatically track out user’s location and redirect them to the appropriate store view
The Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher Extension firstly identifies the user’s country based on their IP addresses. After that, those users will be redirected to a relevant store view with their familiar language.
- Enable/disable users to switch store view
This function helps you to limit the publicity of different pricing for each store view, providing you a better control of access at store view level.
- Allow manual switch after redirecting
These Magento 2 Store Switcher extensions allow store owners to enable both automatic or manual store switching for customers. The automatic mode is set by default when you use the module. You can allow the customers to switch between stores as they like by turning off the auto-redirection.
- Select countries for redirect
The modules allow you to create regions by adding multiple countries, which may help you in targeting different location at once. In the Magento 2 backend, admins can assign which store view a country will be redirected to. For instance, you can set UK and US customer for auto-switching to English store view. While France users are changed to French store view.
- Restriction redirect for IP
Allow admins to add IP addresses of visitors in exceptions so that the extension bypasses them and does not apply the redirection rule.
Unique features of The 5 Best Magento 2 GeoIP Extensions
All the Magento solution companies try to make themselves special and different from others by adding more features to their products. In this section, we’ll find out the differentiated functions of each module.
1. Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher by BSSCommerce ($99 – $249)
- GEO IP block for countries and IPs: The Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher by BSSCommerce provides the blocking feature by GEOIP to prevent spamming and fraud order.
- Restriction User-Agent: The Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher Extension by BSSCommerce also allow admins to choose the search engine crawler or user agents to get rid of store switching.
- Restriction redirects for URL: As for IPs, the restriction rules also go for URLs. When using the extension by BSSCommerce, the URLs in the restriction box will be displayed in the default view and not be redirected.
When it comes to price, BSSCommerce charges clients $79 for the community version of the module and a hundred more for the Enterprise package.
The installation service is offered for free by BSSCommerce. This is a fairly low price comparing to other developers.
2. Amasty GeoIP Data Extension ($179 – $538)
Like BSSCommerce, Amasty also allows clients to set the Restriction redirect for particular URLs and User Agent. The most popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. are ignored by the extension’s default.
The Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher by Amasty has additional functions of detecting the location of customers and changes price currency to the one which is actually used in the potential customer’s country. This helps to improve the checkout speed and conversion rate.
With these useful features, the Community version of Magento 2 Amasty GeoIP Data worth $179. An additional $300 is required to get the Enterprise version without the installation service.
3. Magento 2 GeoIP Default Store Switcher by FME Extension ($145.99)
The Magento 2 GeoIP Extension by FMEExtension has the following additional functions:
- Customize store switcher popup: FMEExtension allows their users to make changes to the popup window for store switchers like text font, background, and a customized message.
- Drop-down option: In addition to the store switcher popup menu, a drop-down option is also available in the footer of the landing page.
The Magento 2 GeoIP Extension by FMEExtension costs $145.99 and $545.99 for the Community and Enterprise version, respectively. The installation service is included without further charging.
4. GeoIP Advance for Magento 2 by MageDelight ($149 – $299)
The Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher Extension by MageDelight also has the following feature:
- Restriction User-Agent.
- Auto-switch the currency.
- Switch store by the popup.
About the price, MageDelight asks their clients $149 for the Community version and an additional of $150 for the Enterprise one. Unlike BSSCommerce, which has a free installation service policy, MageDelight charges $99 for the service.
5. Magento 2 Currency Auto Switcher + GeoIP Location by Bazaar ($67)
The Magento 2 GeoIP Extension by Bazaar also has GeoIP block for IPs:
- GeoIP block for IPs: The restriction settings in the backend allow the admin to block some IP addresses to browse the store and avoid store redirection.
- Currency Switch: The Magento 2 Currency Auto Switcher extension will automatically convert the currency and display the price to the customers in the regional currency. Currency updating is handled by using custom GEOIP import services.
The Currency Auto Switcher + GeoIP Location for Magento 2 by Bazaar costs $67 for each Community Edition. This is the lowest price for a Magento 2 GEOIP Store Switcher module among the five extensions that have been discussed.
In summary, the Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher Extension is very helpful in enhancing the target marketing by displaying the right content to the right audience.
Also, with the automatic redirection function, customers are glad by finding products they have been looking for. This will help you to improve the experience of your customers and increase the conversion rate as well.
Among the five Magento solution companies that provide the Magento 2 GEOIP Store Switcher Extension, none of them has the all perfect functions.
Each module has its pros and cons, and each one seems to be suitable for different types of eCommerce business (depending on its goals, its financing policy,…)
Therefore, it is very important to consider them carefully so that you can choose the most satisfactory module to apply for your online store.
If you have any questions, or just want to submit your Magento 2 GeoIP Store Switcher Extension to our list, feel free to leave a comment or contact us using email. See you in the next article.
I’ve been browsing on-line greater than three hours today, but I never found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s beautiful price enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content material as you did, the web will probably be a lot more useful than ever before.