Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together extensions (so-called Magento Also Bought extension) will have to boost sales for your online store. Buyers can see a list of products commonly bought together, easily add these products to cart, and check the total price of their selected items right on the original product page.
Such a kind of extension comes in handy in increasing the conversion rates and generating more benefits from your store.
In this blog, we will review the most popular Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together extensions on the market, developed by reliable e-commerce solutions providers.
Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together & Its Basic Features
All the extensions mentioned below have these features in common:
- Display frequently bought together block on the product page of each product
- Allow customers to add all frequently bought together products to cart by one click on the “Add All to Cart” button
- Display the product’s thumbnail image, name, and price in the frequently bought together block
- Allow customers to choose the product’s attributes (size, color, weight, etc.) easily
- Automatically update the subtotal price of frequently bought together products if customers make changes
- Allow admin to customize frequently bought together block: Enable/Disable block, customize the title of the block
However, each module has its key features that can best optimize the functionality on your website. Check it out to find the most suitable one for you!
A List of 5 Fantastic Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together Modules
#1. Frequently Bought Together Extension for Magento 2 by BSSCommerce – $89
Compatible with: Magento 2.2.x – 2.3.4
- Display frequently bought together products in a convenient slider
- Ability to limit the number of items shown in the frequently bought together
- Setting autoplay for the slider and display Add to Cart button
- Adding brief reviews for each product on the list
- Easily customize the display style of frequently bought together list with 2 options
The key feature of this module is that there are 2 options to customize the style of the list:
- Style 1: The checkbox and quantity box are integrated so customers can easily add the product to the cart. The chosen product will be previewed on the list.
- Style 2: The list displays all frequently bought together products. Only selected products are displayed in the slider. Customers can easily choose multiple products and add them to the cart at once.
The extension by BSSCommerce allows customers to choose which product and the quantity to add to their carts. Buyers can also add all products in the block to cart by only one click on the “Select all products” checkbox.
The module by BSSCommerce is compatible with simple, configurable, and downloadable products. However, instead of supporting virtual products, it works well with bundle products.
Regarding the extension price, BSSCommerce sells the community version of the module for $89. An additional $150 is required if you want to equip your Magento 2 store with the enterprise edition.
- 1-year free support
- Free lifetime updates
- Free installation
- 30-day money-back guarantee
#2. Frequently Bought Together Extension by CMSmart – $79.39
Compatible with: Magento 2.0.x – 2.1.3 – 2.1.4 – 2.1.5 – 2.1.6 – 2.1.7 – 2.1.8 – 2.1.x – 2.2.0
- Support most product types: simple, configurable, downloadable, and virtual products
- Display the discount amount: allows admin to set the discount rules in the backend
- The discounted amount displayed under the total price of customers’ carts
- Allow adding unlimited promotion groups to product detail pages
- Add/edit/disable promotion group: easily manage promotion groups in a separate tab
- Support a large number of custom themes: Compatible with all popular custom themes
With this Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together, customers can quickly add all products in the promotion group to their cart.
However, unlike BSSCommerce’s module, if the customers just want to select some of the products (not all of them), they need to do some works. Firstly, they have to add all of the goods to the cart, and then go to edit mode to delete the unwanted ones.
Consequently, the process can be considered a drawback of the extension, which is time-consuming and annoying for customers.
In terms of price, Cmsmart charges its customers $79.39 for an auto-renewal version and $84.95 for the standard version with one domain license. An additional fee is required to get more licenses.
- Private support for each 12 months
- Unlimited tickets support
- Free download & upgrade new version
#3. Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together Extension by Mageplaza – $149
Compatible with: Magento 2.2.x – 2.3.x
- Enable admin to restrict the number of native related products
- Allow customers to add frequently bought together products to Wishlist for later use
- Responsive design: adapt to different types of devices
- Supports multiple stores and different languages
- Automatically recommend frequently bought products
- Allow customers to add all or single products to the cart
- Display total price and single product’s price
The extension developed by Mageplaza is another highly recommended option on the list. Similar to BSSCommerce’s module, the one by Mageplaza allows customers to add all suggested products or just some of them to their carts. For that reason, it’s quite convenient for customers.
Besides, it is also beneficial for admins as they can easily configure features at the backend. Such features are, namely, add all to cart, total price display, deselect related items, etc.
Additionally, most customers purchasing the module were delighted with the support team. Mageplaza’s professional team is so supportive of quick and helpful responses. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about this aspect.
The price of $149 that Mageplaza offers is slightly higher than other providers. However, it is understandable as the module contains many amazing features that help boost your revenue. Why don’t you give it a try?
- 60-day refund guarantee
- Free lifetime update
- 365-day free support
#4. Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together by MageAnts – $89
Compatible with: Magento 2.0.x – 2.1.x – 2.2.x – 2.3.x
- Add frequently bought products to the main product
- Automatically suggest products based on customers’ order status and history
- Display description along with the recommended products
- Easy to customize products block layout
- Set frequently bought products on the product page of every product
- Freely positioning products within the page
- Support all types of product
Another recommendation from MageAnts will help you to drive traffic and sales to your website. The module’s key feature is the ability to analyze customers’ purchasing behavior through their orders history; hence, it will automatically suggest the best-matched products.
The extension includes all the basic features needed for the main functionality. Therefore, it surely meets all your requirements to optimize your online store.
In terms of the price, you have to pay $89 for the Community Edition and $100 more to get the Enterprise Edition, which is quite affordable.
- 30-day money back
- 3-month free support
- Free lifetime update
#5. Magento 2 Customers Also Bought by Amasty – $299
Compatible with: Magento 2.2 – 2.3 (including 2.3.5)
- Advanced products recommendation for a quick and easy start
- Select a source type to suggest the most relevant items
- Easily configure rules and set them up based on your business objectives
- “Same As” condition set up to suggest similar products
- Quickly design block display
- Ability to promote “Frequently Bought Products” on pages
The Magento 2 Customers Also Bought extension provided by Amasty is the most expensive option we want to recommend in this blog. Along with the high price, Amasty has included a huge number of fantastic features that can help to boost sales and generate profits.
Customers are fully satisfied with the usefulness that the extension brings about. They said that this is a high-level product that deserves 5 stars. It is a must-have solution for any business.
However, the price is quite a problem. $299 for the Community and $599 for the Enterprise Edition is much higher than other modules with the same main functionality.
- 60-day money back
- Free lifetime update
- 90-day free support
In summary, there are a lot of benefits for both users and shop owners when using Magento 2 Frequently Bought Together (or Magento Also Bought) extensions.
The modules not only enrich your store’s content but also attract customers to stay longer on-page. Besides, it also reduces the bounce rate while increases conversion rate and sale revenue for your store.
The 5 extensions that Magexts suggested have their own strengths and weaknesses. It is essential to carefully consider these modules to come up with the best selling strategy for your e-commerce business.
Thanks a lot for your time!