Better SEO with 4 Amazing Magento 2 Import/Export URL Rewrite Extensions
Regarding store owners, they usually find ways to make their websites more friendly to users for the purpose of attracting customers and promoting sales. SEO is adopted as an online marketing strategy because it helps increase site utility as well as brand awareness. When considering SEO for websites, URL Rewriting is an effective way to enhance the friendliness of a website.
For Magento 2, Import/Export URL Rewrites is known as a must-have extension that helps you rewrite multiple URLs and supports necessary functions to meet SEO demands. In this article, we will give you detailed analysis and reviews of top 4 amazing Import/Export URL Rewrites extensions for Magento 2.
About Default Magento 2
Rewriting URL is good SEO strategy that can be easily applied to most of websites. However, it can be clearly seen that default Magento 2 does not support Import/Export URL Rewrites feature so that users may feel inconvenient for this deficiency. Therefore, Magento 2 Import/Export URL Rewrites extension was developed to solve this problem and provide essential features of rewriting URLs as well.
4 Amazing Magento 2 Import/Export URL Rewrites extensions
1. Import/Export URL Rewrites by BSSCommerce
In general, BSS Import/Export URL Rewrites extension is a good choice that can support you in improving SEO for your website. When you have to rewrite multiple URLs at one time, it is time-consuming for you to rewrite each URL manually. However, this extension helps you import many URL Rewrites via a standard CSV file including all information such as product ID, category ID, store ID, old paths, new paths and so on. The extension still supports 3 kinds of import behaviors consisting of Add/Update, Delete and Replace like default Magento 2. In addition, you can easily export available URL rewrites into a CSV file format based on attributes of URL Rewrites.This makes managing your URL rewrites and operating in the store become more convenient.
Fundamental features of BSS Import/Export URL Rewrites extension:
- Easily import URL Rewrites for category pages, product pages, CMS pages and even customized pages via a CSV file
- Support the sample CSV file to check data before importing URL rewrites into websites
- Export URL rewrites in Magento 2 websites
- Export URL rewrites by Entity Type, Store View and Redirect Types into a CSV file
- Notify about successfully importing and show messages of errors occurring
- Allow to import/export 301 (permanent move) and 302 (temporary move) redirect types
2. Import/Export URL Rewrites by Commerce Extensions
Like the extension of BSS, this Import/Export URL Rewrites supports importing and exporting Magento URL Rewrites data in CSV format. It helps you rewrite a lot of URLs quickly when you have to handle medium to large sites with hundreds or thousands of URL rewrites. Moreover, it seems convenient when you are capable of controlling data or even editing data in a spreadsheet. You can also export URL rewrites with Product SKU and Product ID, which is great when transfering between installs with the same products and mismatched product IDs.
Key features of Commerce Extensions Import/Export URL Rewrites extension:
- Import/export 301 permanent redirects
- Export URL rewrites with Product SKU vs Product ID
- Update existing URL rewrites with new target paths
- Delete available URL rewrites
3. Import/Export URL Rewrites by Shreejiinfosys
With this extension, store owner life becomes easier when you don’t have to waste time rewriting many URLs for Magento sites. By using CSV file, you can import URL rewrite with its relevant data including request path, target path, redirect type , store Id, description and entity type. However, compared to the BSS extension, it shows limitations when this extension does not remain some default functions such as allowed error count feature or advanced import behaviors like stopping on error or skipping error entries. Furthermore, you are not allowed to choose wanted file to import data from local.
Highlighted features of Shreejiinfosys Import/Export URL Rewrites extension:
- Import URL rewrite with all possible options
- Easily export URL rewrites with just one click
- Manage Magento URL validation for URL Rewrite import
- Provide all URL rewrite types like Temporary (302), Permanent (301)
- Show error messages if there is any error occurring
4. Import/Export URL Rewrites by MageBees
This extension provides basic functions of an Import/Export URL Rewrites extension when you can import or export your store URL rewrites data via CSV format. Like the extension of Shreejiinfosys, it also has some limitations in data importing process because it doesn’t support error count or show errors when validating. This sometimes makes users have difficulties in checking data or fixing errors timely.
Main features of MageBees Import/Export URL Rewrites extension:
- Import/export all URL redirect type like No, Temporary (302) and Permanent (301)
- Import/Export all URL type like custom, categories, products and cms pages
- Export store view and URL type like custom, category, product and CMS page
- Support multi store and multi website
We have shown you the analysis and reviews of 4 amazing Magento 2 Import/Export URL Rewrites extensions. We hope that this article is useful for you and you can choose the appropriate extension for your website based on our assessment. If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.