Upselling is a sales technique that supports online store owners in optimizing their average order values (AOVs) right in the Admin Panel. To be specific, it helps display similar items that are superior to the one the customers are viewing, either in their prices, features, qualities, or versions.
However, it’s undeniable that the feature is basic and limited. Although you can easily add suggested products for each of your items, what if your store has numerous products? How can you ensure that you have the right items to upsell. What a problem!
Fortunately, the Magento platform is flexible enough so that you can add one Magento 2 upsell extension to address this issue. So stay tuned to the top five Magento 2 upsell extensions that are described below.
Making use of the database suggestion system, Amazon increased by 29% of deals and reached a revenue of $12.83 billion in the second fiscal quarter of 2012. With the recommendation algorithm, Customers Also Bought/ Also Viewed will boost your sales up high and make you successful as Amazon. Your customers will have the most related recommendations which meet their demands and encourage them to purchase unstoppably.
- Smartly fetch records from customers’ browsing and purchasing processes.
- Automatically create recommendations based on collected data.
- Show recommendations as customers are viewing the product page or reviewing the cart page.
- Allow customers to sort out suggested products by conditions.
- Able to set numerous suggested items and manners of the display.
- Remove/ Enable other shortcut action on suggested catalogs (add to wishlist, add to compare, add to cart, etc.).
#2. Automatic Related Products by Amasty ($299)
It enables online store owners to show related, cross-selling, and upselling items on the basis of a smart algorithm that collects consumers’ data and understands their behavior patterns. This extension also lets you exclude your out-of-stock items with ease. This stops them from being shown in your recommended products and gives more emphasis on other items that your visitors can instantly purchase.
- The automatic rule-based algorithm to offer relevant items, up-sells and cross-sells
- Show products based on categories, shopping cart pages, and custom positions
- Benefit from data-driven recommendation algorithm
- Bundle packs offered with fixed/ percentage discounts
- A mobile-optimized interface to boost sales
#3. Boost Sales by Beeketing (Free)
Boost Sales has been mainly developed for eCommerce upselling purposes. The difference of this extension from the default features is that it utilizes popup forms to encourage shoppers to increase their orders. If you are selling thousands of items, it will be challenging and time-consuming to add the related products for each of them manually. Boost Sales is here to save your time and energy.
- Product Bundling to raise the order value
- Smart Upselling to save time and boost conversion rates
- Create attractive bundle discounts
- Pre-designed holiday themes
- Highly responsive on all devices
- Performance report in detail
#4. Who Bought This Also Bought by Mageplaza ($149)
When visiting Amazon, you are most likely to encounter the phrase “Customers also shopped for” or “Customers also bought” below a product page. This is a smart method of showing upsell or cross-sell offers that might draw the attention of your shoppers. If you like to steal this strategy, Mageplaza’s Who Bought This Also Bought will help you do it with ease. This smart upselling display is based on the purchase history of your clients.
- Automatically display relevant products on the basis customers’ purchase history
- Turn up on the Product Page, Category Page, and Cart Page
- Display other data with recommended products
- 100% Open Source & Customizable
- Product suggestions: Auto Related Products, Frequently Bought Together
#5. Others Also Bought by Mageworx (Free)
Like ‘Who Bought This Also Bought’ of Mageplaza, Others Also Bought by Mageworx utilizes the psychology of social proof by showing relevant items based on what other customers have previously bought in addition to the items that they’re currently checking. However, the difference is that you can just display the recommended items on the product page.
- Manually or automatically apply data on the customers’ shopping history in a separate block.
- Recommend a variety of a bit more expensive offerings to boost sales.
- Direct the customers to what other shoppers select to enhance customer motivation & loyalty.
To sum up, above are five extensions, one of which you may be seeking. You need to take all the featured highlights of each into account so that you can find which one suits your online store best.
We hope that you can get a suitable Magento 2 upsell extension in the end. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know in the comment section below.
Find out more about Magento 2 extensions here!