Layered Navigation for Magento 2 is indispensable for any e-commerce store. Let’s take a look at today’s post to find the most suitable one for your Magento 2 website
When customers access to your store, they can easily find wanted products by entering keywords in the search box or using layered navigation to filter items.
Many Layered Navigation extensions with advanced and innovative features were developed to help clients have better user experiences. In this article, we will give you information and quick reviews about 8 best Layered Navigation extensions for Magento 2.
Top 6 extensions were manually selected and arranged among many useful extensions based on the following criteria:
- Extension features
- The reputation of vendors
Magento 2 Layered Navigation Extensions Review
As you may know, the default layered navigation only allows customers to apply one filter at a single time. Therefore, there’s no surprise that clients may feel inconvenient when having to conduct many operations in the store.
However, with improved extensions, limitations of the default layered navigation can be solved quickly and effectively.
Here below are 8 recommendations of Magento 2 Layered Navigation Extension, which were carefully selected by our team.
1. Layered Navigation Extension by BSS Commerce – $59
Compatibility: Magento 2.2.x – 2.3.4
- Supports multi-select layered navigation
- Expand/collapse and show more/fewer attributes
- Provides AJAX technology to speed up filter loading
- Supplies 4 display modes for each product attribute: checkbox, dropdown, visual swatch, text swatch
- Supports price range slider and the input box
- Allows product filter by rating
- Responsive on all devices
BSS Commerce’s extension (Magento 2 Layered Navigation Multi-Select extension) not only provides necessary features of layered navigation, but it also has some advanced functions that some other extensions do not have.
The fast-loading Ajax Filter is the module’s highlighted functionality. However, all features listed above work well as described that can present its core value of easy-to-use; hence, your buyers can find the target products in the shortest time.
The price of $59 is reasonable, along with free installation, free lifetime update supported by BSS.
2. Advanced Layered Navigation for Magento 2 by Webkul – $99
Compatibility: Magento 2.0.x – 2.1.x – 2.2.x – 2.3.x
- Supports AJAX-based filter allowing web pages to update and transfer data without reloading
- Customers can select multiple attributes and attribute values at one time
- Provides price slider for user-defined range search
- Enables customers to search for keywords
- Shows current selection directly in the search box
- Maintains the previous state of the browser
- Customize the attributes
The Advanced Layered Navigation of Webkul supplies essential functions of layered navigation.
The price of $99 for the community edition and $198 for the enterprise edition are considered as the medium price levels compared to other Layered Navigation extensions. Moreover, you have to pay only $19.8 for installation service.
3. SEO Layered Navigation Plus by Manadev – €159
Compatibility: Magento 2.x.x
- Supplies multiple attribute filters
- Search Engine Friendly (SEO) layered navigation, paging, sorting links and page titles
- Supports sliders for the price, decimal dropdown and multi-select attributes and configure slider range
- Fast AJAX refresh allowing customers to continue browsing while products are being refreshed
- Limit the number of shown options with show more/less link or with scroll bar
- Customize category tree filter template
The Magento 2 Layered Navigation extension of Manadev owns many innovative features of layered navigation. Regarding the price, the price of €159 can be accepted due to its functions.
However, you also need to pay €49 more for professional installation.
4. Magento 2 Layered Navigation by Aheadworks – $249
Compatibility: Magento 2.3.x
- Choose multiple filters at a time
- Control all filters on one page and sort them by the filter, code, type, brand, status, status in search and position criteria
- Allows to expand, collapse, show more/fewer attributes
- Supports fast AJAX navigation
- SEO enhancements: Define URL look, meta title, meta description, rewrite meta robots
- Supplies 2 ways to apply filters
- Supports mobile view with adjusted screen sizes
In general, Aheadworks Layered Navigation for Magento 2 has useful functions to help users buy items in the online shop more conveniently.
Regarding the price, the community edition costs you $249, whereas the enterprise edition costs you $949, including installation service and support.
5. Magento 2 Layered Navigation by Mageplaza – $89 – $269
Compatibility: Magento 2.2.x – 2.3.x
- Users can filter by multiple attributes
- Expand, collapse or show more/fewer attributes
- Allows to view product count in each option
- Utilize the price slider filter to set an adequate price range
- Filter by rating, brand or product status
- Show description of tooltips image for attributes
- Use the search box to lookup options
- Support SEO friendly URL and Apply Filter button
- Supplies both vertical and horizontal navigation menu
The Mageplaza Magento 2 Layered Navigation extension is relatively expensive compared to others, but it seems that it doesn’t have many advanced or outstanding features of layered navigation.
The price for the standard edition is $89, but it lacks many essential functions. The price for the professional and ultimate package is $179 and $269, respectively. Also, you have to pay $50 more for the installation service.
6. Magento 2 Improved Layered Navigation by Amasty – $349
Compatibility: Magento 2.2.x – 2.3.x (including 2.3.5)
- No page reloads with AJAX filtering
- Apply multiple filters in bulk
- Supports vertical and horizontal navigation
- Filter by rating, brand, status, price sliders, and “from-to” widgets
- Supports image swatches and attribute mapping
- Provides filter search box and informative tooltips
- Supplies 5 display modes: labels, drop-down, images, images, and labels, text swatches
- Decide the number of displayed filter values for long filter lists
- “Shop by brand” functionality
- Advanced categories tree
- SEO optimization and mobile-friendly interface
This Improved Magento 2 Layered Navigation extension by Amasty has many essential functions and advanced functions of layered navigation.
The price of $349 is relatively high for the community edition and $649 for the enterprise edition. However, you can experience the best installation service, which is free.
7. Magento 2 Layered Navigation by Mirasvit – $149
Compatibility: Magento 2.1.x – 2.3.x
- Speed up a catalog with Ajax
- SEO- friendly
- Multiple filter options available for customers
- Ability to illustrate filter options by images
- Price range slider
- Useful filters to improve layered navigation
- Branded pages
- Infinite Ajax scroll
Mirasvit Layered Navigation extension also has many fantastic features that help to optimize the layered navigation functionality. Compared to other extensions, the one developed by Mirasvit has a lot of newly added features, which enable you to make attractive navigation in your store.
You can also make your advanced layered navigation URLs SEO-friendly with Mirasvit Layered Navigation extension because the default layered navigation’s URL is pretty much tricky and Google loves humans’ understandable info in URL.
About the price, $149 is a reasonable price for an extended features list like above. If you want to use the enterprise edition, you need to pay double the community edition price.
8. Layered Navigation by Weltpixel – $0 – $199
Compatibility: Magento 2.0 – 2.1 – 2.2 – 2.3.0 – 2.3.1 – 2.3.2 – 2.3.3 – 2.3.4 – 2.3.5
- Ajax filter
- Color swatch ajax filter
- Category restriction
- Sorting options by name or position
- Show item counter
- Wishlist block/ Compare block
- Category filter
- Slide-in/down design
- Filter search
- Filter by product ratings
- Price slider
- Ability to hide filter on particular categories
This is the only free Magento 2 Layered Navigation extension in the list. The extension (named as Layered Navigation Ajax Filter with Multi-Select extension) by Weltpixel offers an enormous number of features. All of which have been packed in a free extension.
Weltpixel Layered Navigation extension can be installed via SSH and through GUI. You can also configure the layered navigation, sidebar setting, rating option and attribute setting easily with the extension.
Although Weltpixel Layered Navigation is free of charge, you need to pay for the pro version, which is $199, to experience all features. Several features are not included in the free package.
A Brief Comparison of 8 Extensions
|BSS Commerce||Magento 2.2.x - 2.3.4||$59|
|2||Webkul||Magento 2.0.x - 2.1.x - 2.2.x - 2.3.x||$99|
|5||Mageplaza||Magento 2.2.x - 2.3.x||$89 - $269|
|6||Amasty||Magento 2.2.x - 2.3.x (including 2.3.5)||$349|
|7||Mirasvit||Magento 2.1.x - 2.3.x||$149|
|8||Weltpixel||Magento 2.0 - 2.1 - 2.2 - 2.3.0 - 2.3.1 - 2.3.2 - 2.3.3 - 2.3.4 - 2.3.5||$0 - $199|
Provided above is the list of 8 amazing Magento Layered Navigation extensions for Magento 2. We hope that you can choose the appropriate extension for your store based on our assessment.
If you have queries, or if you want us to deliver a review about free Magento 2 Layered Navigation extensions for both versions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Don’t forget to Like, Share and Subscribe to our site to get more useful articles.
Thanks a lot for reading!