Many online store owners want to enhance sales by providing their clients with subscription billing and subscription options for products. This article today will show you 5 best Magento 2 Subscription Extensions to recurring payments!
Among dedicated extensions for Magento 2, subscription modules can be a good choice to help you customize subscription as well as manage eCommerce recurring payments.
Magexts team manually selected and arranged 5 out of many excellent Magento 2 Subscription modules to give reviews based on these following factors:
- Functions of the extension.
- The vendor’s reputation.
Does Default Magento 2 Support Subscription and Recurring Payments?
Default Magento 2 provides subscription options but it has many limitations.
You can only configure the sender or template of the confirmation email, success email, unsubscription email, or choose whether allowing guest subscription or not.
However, with Subscription extension, not only can you easily create adjustable subscription plans but you are also able to control recurring payments.
Top 5 Magento Subscription Extensions You Should Know
1. Magento 2 Subscriptions and Recurring Billing by Exto.io – $149
Main features of Subscriptions and Recurring Billing extension:
- The customizable dashboard allows users to access to key parameters.
- Navigate to the subscription templates, product catalog, and recurring profiles directly from the dashboard.
- View the subscription’s value for a specific time period or a grand total to the current date.
- Manage subscription details via a completely intuitive profile view page.
- Support smart subscription templates.
- Simultaneous subscription & non-subscriptions purchases.
- Compatible with PayPal recurring payments.
- Provide failure-proof recurring payments.
- Seamlessly integrate with a product page.
- Configure product purchasing options.
Review: This extension supplies users with many necessary functions of the Magento 2 Subscription extension.
Compared to other extensions, the price is quite cheap at $149 for the community edition and $299 for the enterprise edition.
2. Magento 2 Subscriptions Module by Magenest – $249
Highlighted functions of Subscriptions and Recurring Payments extension:
- Turn a product into a subscription product.
- Set billing cycles to x days, weeks, or months.
- Customize an unlimited number of subscription templates (plans).
- Set a name, a period unit, a billing frequency, an initial fee, maximum number of billing cycles for your plan.
- Create trial plans.
- Send emails to customers when they subscribe to a new plan, pay for the subscription charge, cancel the subscription, or suspend the subscription (Paypal Only).
- Support simple products, virtual products, and downloadable products.
- Clients can retry their payment or automatically cancel the subscription on payment failure.
- Control subscription profiles.
- Support Paypal and Authorize.net payment gateway.
Review: It is clear that this extension can provide useful features that the Subscription and Recurring Payments extension must-have.
The price of the community edition is reasonable at $249 whereas the enterprise edition costs you $649. Moreover, you have to pay $50 if you require an installation service.
3. Aheadworks Subscription for Magento 2 – $499
Characteristics of Magento Subscription module:
- Add an option to purchase any product as a subscription.
- Supply recurring payments with Authorize.Net, Stripe, Adyen, and PayPal Express checkouts.
- Provide a trial period at a special price.
- Multistore support and initial fee setting.
- Monitor every subscription, all associated orders, and customer information through the admin subscription grid.
- Insert subscription options to multiple products at once in a couple of clicks.
- Supports all product types but for grouped and gift cards.
- Payments can be charged daily, weekly, every X time interval.
Review: In general, this is an effective Magento Subscription module. It seems convenient because this extension is compatible with all product types and supports multistore with different languages.
The price including installation is $499 for the community edition and $1499 for the enterprise edition.
4. Magento 2 Subscribe Now by MageDelight – $584
Specific features of Subscribe Now extension:
- Support all types of products.
- Create and manage customer subscriptions from the backend.
- Support failed transaction alert.
- 8 Various payment gateways: Authorize.net, First Data, Stripe, Cyber Source, Braintree, and more.
- Customize maximum allowed order quantity, order cycle, initial fee for product subscription.
- Configure subscription tenure or leave up to customers to decide the tenure of subscription.
- Set subscription start date, product subscription price (special price), trial period, trial period no. of occurrence, trial period price.
- Allow maximum times to fail subscription configuration, one-time purchase, or lifetime/limited period subscription.
- Support email template for order, cancellation request, expired subscription.
- Subscription profile update email notification.
- Analytics & report designed specifically.
- Clients can purchase regular products and subscription products together.
- Store multiple credit card information and save multiple billing & shipping address.
Review: This extension owns not only must-have features but also other quality functions of the Magento Subscription extension. Subscribe Now supports more payment gateways than any other extension in the list.
Regarding the price, it is quite expensive when the community edition costs you $584 and the enterprise edition is $1234. In case you need installation service, you have to pay more $99.
5. Magento 2 Adaptive Subscriptions by ParadoxLabs – $699
Highlighted functions of Adaptive Subscriptions extension:
- Choose whether to purchase as a subscription or not.
- Customize subscription frequency.
- Clients can purchase any number of subscriptions and non-subscription items at the same time.
- Make subscriptions a defined length or indefinite.
- Give customers a price discount for buying items with a subscription.
- Customers can view the status of their own subscriptions, update billing or shipping information themselves.
- Support simple, virtual, configurable, and downloadable products
- Allow all shipping methods.
- Alter the next billing date and the frequency of each subscription from the admin panel.
Review: This is a good extension but features it supports does not deserve its expensive price $699. In addition, you also have to pay $79 if you want add installation.
We have given you assessment about top 5 amazing Subscription extensions for Magento 2. We hope that you can choose the appropriate extension for your store based on our reviews.
Please feel free to contact us if you want to add or remove any other Magento 2 Subscription extensions.